The Student Room Group

What does your driving instructor do thats annoys you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Mu instructor talked constantly and used to make me laugh so much!! He was really funny but also it was quite distracting and the other day he was singing the noddy theme tune.

My old instructor used to brake for me and use the clutch so much that after 37 lessons i didnt knwo how to brake! I had to change instructor.
Reply 41
He's pretty tall and we're in a small corsa, so everytime I change gear his ****ing legs in the way lol!

I have my test booked though.
Reply 42
The guy had the cricket commentary on, I love him for it! We just laugh and stuff, now that my driving has gotten better its really good. He did burp once..... he does clutch and brake for me, but in fairness to him, it is to stop an accident.... damn my instructor is quite nice....
Reply 43
my was ace! Talked about things which interested us both, which was great. He was calm and never got mad. 14 Lessons to get me a 2 minors pass. All I can say is what a great guy!:smile:
Reply 44
My instructor also happened to be my uncle, a driving instructor by trade. :ninja:

Discounted lessons were great, but I didn't half feel pressured cos he was a blood relative!
nnkuk
The guy had the cricket commentary on, I love him for it! We just laugh and stuff, now that my driving has gotten better its really good. He did burp once..... he does clutch and brake for me, but in fairness to him, it is to stop an accident.... damn my instructor is quite nice....

mine turned the radio up loud when the football scores came on i moaned at him but he said my life was so much better now i knew the score of the latest football match!
PhilMc
He's pretty tall and we're in a small corsa, so everytime I change gear his ****ing legs in the way lol!

I have my test booked though.

same mines quite tall. i don't mind that much though he is a good teacher. in between random discussions about his son/dogs/holidays/friends etc etc.
sorry don't know how to quote twice in one post.
i am chuckling away reading this thanks to everyone who posted funny stories about humming/burping/sleeping instructors mine seems almost normal!
Mine really is brilliant, we moan about urban 4 x 4s and such together, but I am starting to get a little annoyed with hearing (every time we enter a new speed limit area) "Just because it's a 30/40/60mph limit Felix, you don't have to go at 30/40/60...". I have never gone above the ******* speed limit, and I never intend to! (Second) test is tomorrow. Eep.
mine used to gossip about everyone..he seemed to know everything..he would also say some disturbing things like how he fancied my mum and how he wouldn't mind "a piece of her"! He was joking but it freaked me out!
mine didn't really have a lot of patients
Phoenix
mine didn't really have a lot of patients

HAHAHA He wasn't a doctor was he ??

LOL Patience is spelt PATIENCE not PATIENTS

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My driving instructor gets really annoyed with other people on the roads. You know when people are tailgating you for miles then overtake you EVENTUALLY at about 70MPH on a 30MPH road...he will scream and shout about how inconsidwerate for other road users they are!! I always feel like laughing my head off !
Reply 51
choclateeclaire

My driving instructor gets really annoyed with other people on the roads. You know when people are tailgating you for miles then overtake you EVENTUALLY at about 70MPH on a 30MPH road...he will scream and shout about how inconsidwerate for other road users they are!! I always feel like laughing my head off !

bit sarcastic and unnecessary tbh... easy mistake to make by someone
Reply 52
shopaholic88
mine used to gossip about everyone..he seemed to know everything..he would also say some disturbing things like how he fancied my mum and how he wouldn't mind "a piece of her"! He was joking but it freaked me out!

:rofl:
My old instructor would:

-Use his phone/text all the time when I was driving (which upon taking my theory I've learnt is illegal lol)

-Talks for Britain. So annoying when i'm hungover and am trying my best to concentrate.

-Is late for my lessons and doesn't make it up at the end (grrrr)

-Tells sexist and racist jokes (the racist jokes aint that bad but regardless.) Oh, and sexual jokes which make me uncomfortable.

....jesus, i'm glad I quit with him.
choclateeclaire

I'm sorry for being dyslexic :rolleyes:
Mine doesn't know the difference between right or left.
[Upon first teaching me to do a turn in the road, as my clutch control needs work]
DI: Mmkay, now, look around, left to right...no, right to left...no, I was right first time, left to right.
Me: I swear the first time I did a turn in the road it was right to left.
*I look right to left*
DI: Mmyeah, that's right...
*we both erupt into fits of giggles*

He did the same thing when teaching me to turn right at a roundabout
Me: Which lane?
DI: Left.
Me: But I'm turning right.
DI: Yeah, right lane...

He finds it hard to differentiate between pedals sometimes (Brake, Brake! No, no, I meant clutch...(by which point he has already put the clutch down so I can't find it).

I like him really, he makes me laugh a lot. Even when I'm next to tears, which happens regularly, he'll just say something to make me burst out laughing.

Today he said "and then we fly home", then I said "Or drive even...cars can't fly", and we both immediately went into a rendition of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. SOOOO funny :smile: I swear sometimes we're just on the same wavelength, we often say the same things at the same time.
Reply 56
erm just general criticism - a bit of encouragement never went amiss did it?

Complains im going 60 when its a 70 speed limit - I'm just trying to keep a safe distance for gods sake!
Reply 57
Ice_Queen
Mine doesn't know the difference between right or left.
[Upon first teaching me to do a turn in the road, as my clutch control needs work]
DI: Mmkay, now, look around, left to right...no, right to left...no, I was right first time, left to right.
Me: I swear the first time I did a turn in the road it was right to left.
*I look right to left*
DI: Mmyeah, that's right...
*we both erupt into fits of giggles*

He did the same thing when teaching me to turn right at a roundabout
Me: Which lane?
DI: Left.
Me: But I'm turning right.
DI: Yeah, right lane...

He finds it hard to differentiate between pedals sometimes (Brake, Brake! No, no, I meant clutch...(by which point he has already put the clutch down so I can't find it).

I like him really, he makes me laugh a lot. Even when I'm next to tears, which happens regularly, he'll just say something to make me burst out laughing.

Today he said "and then we fly home", then I said "Or drive even...cars can't fly", and we both immediately went into a rendition of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. SOOOO funny :smile: I swear sometimes we're just on the same wavelength, we often say the same things at the same time.

awww that sounds so sweet!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 58
Mine spent the first few lessons constantly going on about eco-friendly driving - obviusly the rubbish they teach them at the instructor college.

Come on - its lesson 2 - tecah me how to use the clutch mate not an environmental lecture about the size of my carbon footprint...
Reply 59
I loved mine, I used to keep a blog of things that happened, so I just pasted a few things from there (Ben is my boyfriend by the way)..

*Once we was sat in a queue of traffic, and I took my foot off the brake to move a little bit, and realised the brake didnt come up the whole way, I started panicking, going "Mike, Mike, the brakes not coming up!" and he was like, "Oh my god..really..It much be broken!" and I got all worried and then I'd look at him n he'd be giggling away because he'd been holding it down.

*I kept letting go of the wheel when i went round a roundabout so it spun round itself, so I told Mike to Velcro me to it, then he burst out laughing and said, "I thought you was going to say handcuff you to it!... And only Ben can do that".

* He called Horncastle, Horny Castle, and then he added, "Well, when you and Ben are there it is".

* I'd been wearing the same jeans all week as I'd been at Bens so I said, "I haven't taken these jeans off all week" and he said, "Well, I bet Ben has".

* The gearstick was really stiff and he was trying to unstiffen it, and I said, "How does it get stiff to begin with?", and he gave me a look and said, "You don't wanna know".

* I was burping in my throat but not letting them out, and he said, "What are ya? A red-necked Grebe?" Apparantly thats theyre mating call, then Mike asked if I could make myself burp, because he could, and he showed me, about 10 times.

* Me and Mike got out the car and walked to this huge roundabout to show me right of way and all that, and the other guy he instructs with, Kev, went by doing a lesson, then he text Mike saying, "You lucky Git I wanted that one". So when we saw him a few streets later, Mike put his arm round me and I blew kisses at him while Kev gave us the finger from the other car. I was totally in control of the car at all times of course .

Mike gave me an extra strong mint, and he said, "I always have a mint before I kiss someone", and I said, "Dont get any ideas Michael..." to which he called me a Cheeky Bugger and stop flattering myself.

*As we was nearing some traffic lights one time, there was an accident 2 cars ahead. A motorcyclist had crashed into a car and was now jumping up and down screaming, while the woman was picking up huge parts of their car like the grill from the road. As Mike was a witness to it (I wasn't, as I noticed nothing), we pulled up alongside and Mike got out to give his details. Then the motorcyclist, who looked like a hillybilly with long straggly brown hair and dodgy teeth and also looked rather drunk, started swearing and yelling at poor Michael for helping them. Apparantly, he had done f'in more miles than Mike will ever f'in do as he has driven across Europe. Mike retaliated with he was a Salesman of motorcyclists for 7years and therefore knew how to drive a motorcycle and had done many more miles than him. And he also spends every day driving pupils, as he is an Advanced Motorist and Motorcyclist, which the biker refused to believe, even though I was sat in his car with a little box on the top saying he was a driving instructor. Mike used words I never thought I'd hear him say, such as the f word and the c word, many times. An example of the f word would be, "You are a f'in drunk lunatic".

*The handbrake was always, "The randy brake"

I loved my instructor..I passed a year ago and even now when he sees me, even if hes with a learner, he'll honk the horn bout 5 times and wave furiously. Hmm this thread was meant to be things that annoy you..never mind!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending