The Student Room Group

Applying for law with AAA predictions and ABB AS grades?

Could I realistically be offered a place for law at AAA unis with my predictions and grades? I'm hoping for universities like Manchester and Warwick.

Any insights would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Original post by Tahmim14
Could I realistically be offered a place for law at AAA unis with my predictions and grades? I'm hoping for universities like Manchester and Warwick.

Thanks!

OMG I was wondering the same thing. though mine is for neuroscience:biggrin:. Tell me if you get an answer?
Reply 2
Original post by SASSYALEC
OMG I was wondering the same thing. though mine is for neuroscience:biggrin:. Tell me if you get an answer?

Yeah of course. Fingers crossed. Xx. 😀
I'm not 100% sure since it's law so that may change things as I guess it's quite competitive and demanding, but I got BCU at AS and predicted grades of ABB and I've received an offer from Manchester (AAB) for Aerospace Engineering.

My requirements for the unis I picked (AAA-ABB) and my predictions of ABB are far off from what I got for AS and yet I've managed to receive an offer from all my choices bar one that I need to go to an interview for first.

If I am able to get offers with my poor academic a level history, then surely you should be able to. As I said though, my situation is with engineering so it may be different with Law. If you've received ABB at AS and are predicted AAA then I would say you have an extremely good chance of being made an offer, so I guess it would just rest on your PS and reference.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4

Thanks!

OP, I messed up a couple of exams at AS and received ABB. I applied for Warwick, thinking I didn't have a hope in hell, and they've just offered me ABB! It really depends on reference, your academic history, contextual information (I'm from an "underperforming" background lol) and a lot is your personal statement, in my opinion. I believe you will be absolutely fine. Best of luck, hope to see you at Warwick this year!
Reply 5
Thanks for all your encouragement. I've applied to Manchester, Warwick, Queen Mary, Birmingham and LSE, though I'm not so sure about the last one :tongue:

Do you think I should choose law and anthropology instead of just straight Law at LSE? And if so, is giving up straight law worth it to study at LSE, which is one of the best universities in the world ?
Thanks for all your encouragement. I've applied to Manchester, Warwick, Queen Mary, Birmingham and LSE, though I'm not so sure about the last one :tongue:

Do you think I should choose law and anthropology instead of just straight Law at LSE? And if so, is giving up straight law worth it to study at LSE, which is one of the best universities in the world ?

Did you get an offer from Warwick?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending