Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My Journey
    My journey in raising my grades begin today .I hope to help those who read my post as well , by providing revision and what i find useful.
    I will post everyday , providing photos of either my to-do list or my revision space.
    I will mention what i am doing in and out of lessons to build my grade , along side this i will provide some documents which you can give your opinion on (or even use as your own work.

Current Grades:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Maths - Level 8
    English Language - Level 7
    English Literature - Level 7
    Biology - B
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics- A*
    Geography - A*
    Computing - A
    Information- Merit

My personal target Grade :

Spoiler:
    Show

Maths - 9
    English (language and literature) - 8
    Biology - A*
    Chemistry - A*
    Physics - A
    Geography- A
    Computing- A*
    Information - Merit

As you can see between my personal and my current , my personal is set both lower and higher than the current.The reason for some being set below is because i set my personal idea at the start of year 11.

Pomodoro Method - First attempt
    Spoiler:
    Show

Tonight i am trying out the pomodoro method for the first time , which i am excited to try . I will upload my opinions of it after a week or so.
    The Method itself is;
    25 minutes revision
    5 minutes break.
    I'm excited to do this as i struggle to concentrate on a subject after 40 minutes or so.

Thank you for reading my post , i'm excited for my journey.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with the Pomodoro method, I hope it works out for you! I'm gonna start trying it soon too

ReputationRep:
    Update

I tried this revision method and it worked well.
    I would definitely recommend if you can not focus for long periods.
    My personal method involved in the 5 minutes getting a drink and walking around . I limited phone use during the breaks . If i did check it i would only respond to notifications so that i would not be distracted.

This evening i will be uploading my revision for today . Unfortunately i did not revise at all yesterday due to attending a college open evening .
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.