The Student Room Group

Access to HE UCAS application

Hello all, I am distance learning an access to HE course and applying via UCAS. I'm a little uncertain about adding my modules to the 'education' section of the UCAS application.

As I am still studying my course, should I put all my module grades as 'pending', or should I fill in what grades I have and put pending for the grades I'm still studying?

If I put all my grades as pending, does this disadvantage my application, as universities won't be able to see my grades?

I read a forum post about how my tutor's input 'predicted grades' through my reference. I was hoping my employer could be my reference, as they have a much better grasp of me as a person and my journey. I have had very little support or contact from my tutors.

Please let me know what your thoughts are.

(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Marcusceb
Hello all, I am distance learning an access to HE course and applying via UCAS. I'm a little uncertain about adding my modules to the 'education' section of the UCAS applicatin.

As I am still studying my course, should I put all my module grades as 'pending', or should I fill in what grades I have and put pending for the grades I'm still studying?

If I am putting all my grades as pending, does this disadvantage my application, as universities won't be able to see my grades?

I read a forum post about how my tutors input 'predicted grades' through my reference. I was honestly hoping that I would my employer could be my reference, as I feel they have a much better grasp as me as a person and my journey. I have had very little support or contact from my tutors.

What are your thoughts?

Hi,

I did an Access to HE course (distant learning) and now I'm at university so would like to offer you some advice.

You will need to be honest with your grades and insert the predict grades your tutors set. Whilst completing my UCAS application I emailed my tutors back and forth and they emailed me my predicted grades which I inserted, luckily I did because I met the targets.

When submitting a UCAS application through the Access to HE course, like any other course you normally would have your tutor write a reference, you can request that your employer write a reference as it's your application.
Reply 2
Original post by dumb01
Hi,

I did an Access to HE course (distant learning) and now I'm at university so would like to offer you some advice.

You will need to be honest with your grades and insert the predict grades your tutors set. Whilst completing my UCAS application I emailed my tutors back and forth and they emailed me my predicted grades which I inserted, luckily I did because I met the targets.

When submitting a UCAS application through the Access to HE course, like any other course you normally would have your tutor write a reference, you can request that your employer write a reference as it's your application.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I absolutely want to be honest; the grades I have are decent. My concern is that I don't want someone who doesn't know me or my journey to write my reference.

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much? Does the reference matter that much?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending