The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni Nursing intake March 2017

Scroll to see replies

I start Adult Nursing in March too. What halls have people chosen? I am in Uni Halls but am considering a switch to Liberty House.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by greenarmy
I start Adult Nursing in March too. What halls have people chosen? I am in Uni Halls but am considering a switch to Liberty House.

Hiii!! I'm going to be living in Liberty House, had my flat number etc confirmed yesterday!! ☺️
I've not heard anything post or email yet. When I phoned last November they said they were sending it out at the end of the month...so I don't hold much hope for tomorrow but fingers crossed! It's funny, last year when I applied, Brighton sent me an info pack and placement allocation before I'd responded to their offer. Cardiff obviously have a more relaxed pace!
I tried to apply for student finance and the student finance england form needed info on how each term of year 1 is spent, mostly uni or mostly placement, so I emailed the uni to ask them over a fortnight ago, no reply on that yet either.

Fraquel, thanks for the info. I hadn't come across Ludlow hospitals so its been interesting to have a little google. There are so many interesting places to go! I'm hoping to end up living near a trainline to Heath so I'll only drive when I'm on placement.
Original post by orangestripes
I've not heard anything post or email yet. When I phoned last November they said they were sending it out at the end of the month...so I don't hold much hope for tomorrow but fingers crossed! It's funny, last year when I applied, Brighton sent me an info pack and placement allocation before I'd responded to their offer. Cardiff obviously have a more relaxed pace!
I tried to apply for student finance and the student finance england form needed info on how each term of year 1 is spent, mostly uni or mostly placement, so I emailed the uni to ask them over a fortnight ago, no reply on that yet either.

Fraquel, thanks for the info. I hadn't come across Ludlow hospitals so its been interesting to have a little google. There are so many interesting places to go! I'm hoping to end up living near a trainline to Heath so I'll only drive when I'm on placement.

That's halarious they said November 🙈

In case you still need an answer in regards to your student finance form.. it's an option that says it's a sandwich course.. I can't remember the exact wording. But student finance can answer that for you.

I don't think there's a train line near the Heath.. regular buses though.
Thanks Fraquel, I'll have another look at the Student Finance form. I was thinking sandwich course was like when you have a year in industry in the middle.
I think there's Heath High Level and Heath Low Level stations at the other side of Heath park, it looks like a bit of a stroll but I don't mind that.
Original post by GracieFfion
Hiii!! I'm going to be living in Liberty House, had my flat number etc confirmed yesterday!! ☺️

I've applied for Liberty House as my first choice too so fingers crossed i get allocated a room soon!!
I'm still waiting to find out if I am able to move across to Liberty House. It's mostly Heath park students; hopefully plenty of people with A level Biology! I have not studied Science since GCSE and managed to scrape CC.
Original post by greenarmy
I'm still waiting to find out if I am able to move across to Liberty House. It's mostly Heath park students; hopefully plenty of people with A level Biology! I have not studied Science since GCSE and managed to scrape CC.

I did A-Level Biology so I'm here to help 😋
Anyone got any closer with finding out about term dates? All I know is you get holidays in 2-3 week blocks and the typical summer holiday just doesn't exist
I phoned them to ask this, last year sometime. I said I just wanted an idea of how the year panned out, understanding it could yet change, even if they gave me last year's dates. I can't find the piece of paper right now but it was basically:

Start 27 March
One month holiday approx. 15 June- 15 July
Uni through till Christmas - like a six month term!
I think it was 2 weeks off for Christmas but I can't recall for sure
Then start again in January
Then another month or so holiday late Feb-March.
It's a weird rhythm to the year isn't it. No summer season jobs for us!
Cheers Orangestripes, I guess at least that gives us a rough idea! Was that for adult nursing or mental health? I imagine it'll be similar either way :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Hopefulmedic98
Hey everyone! I'm going to be starting Adult Nursing in March at Cardiff and received my offer back in December, but I've still not received any information from the uni about starting dates/ applying for an NHS bursary/ Occupation health forms. Can anyone help??

Hey! I'm starting Adult Nursing in March too! Emails are going out THIS week with all the information.

Can't wait to meet you all!
Original post by Tai_PB
Hey! I'm starting Adult Nursing in March too! Emails are going out THIS week with all the information.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Term times for march 2017 Cohort nursing are:
27th March-16 June
17th July-22nd December
8th January -9th Feb

Only got told yesterday when I called them up for the 100th time lol 😂👀
Well I hope that gets confirmed! It'll deffo be ideal for Glastonbury, hahaha got my priorities sorted. Cheers everyone whose called and tried to get the info.
So I'm losing track now, whose doing adult and whose doing mental health?
Just recieved an email from Cardiff, confirms the start date of the 27th March and sets out our next steps. Everyone else got it?
Original post by MBrooks91
Just recieved an email from Cardiff, confirms the start date of the 27th March and sets out our next steps. Everyone else got it?

Haven't received that but may be because I'm still waiting for the uni to approve my evidence of A-Levels. What are the next steps?
Original post by Hopefulmedic98
Haven't received that but may be because I'm still waiting for the uni to approve my evidence of A-Levels. What are the next steps?

Just the expected Dbs check, occupational health forms really, and confirming the date and time for enrollment! im sure you'll receive the same soon :smile: it'll be timeto start our adventures into nursing before we know it!
Ha yeah MBrooks those term dates are indeed good for Glasto!
I got the email too, still no info about the timetable or the placements, but its a start. :smile:
So far on this thread it sounds like greenarmy, hopefulmedic, Tai_PB and mbrooks are the Adults, GracieFfion, Fraquel and I are the Mentals and ThePhoenixLament is an international (?wo)man of mystery.
I've got an offer for both March and September (dependent on there being enough spaces come August) for Adult Nursing and am trying to decide between the two. I much prefer the title "woman of mystery" though! :P I already study at Cardiff Uni so I know it's the place for me!
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing good and getting everything sorted! Not long now 😆😆😆

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending