The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Are there any opportunities to afford the deposit for university?

Hey everyone!

I'm an EU student and recently applied to several universities via UCAS. I received offers from London South Bank University and am currently planning to start studying there in September. However, I read that you need to pay a deposit of 3500£ and probably also one for accomodation. Now, my parents earn too much to receive very high support, but we still cannot really afford paying 3500£ and probably even more just like that.
Are there any ways to receive a loan/credit/support for this deposit?

Thanks for helping!:smile:
Original post by Mary-S
Hey everyone!

I'm an EU student and recently applied to several universities via UCAS. I received offers from London South Bank University and am currently planning to start studying there in September. However, I read that you need to pay a deposit of 3500£ and probably also one for accomodation. Now, my parents earn too much to receive very high support, but we still cannot really afford paying 3500£ and probably even more just like that.
Are there any ways to receive a loan/credit/support for this deposit?

Thanks for helping!:smile:

Contact the accommodation office and see if they are amenable to an arrangement. I would say to check if there are any bursaries, but you say your parents earn too much. You could always get a job and delay it till 2018 if no solution presents itself. If you havent been then it would eb a good idea to nip over and ahve a look at the uni at one of the open days if you havent already done so.
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending