Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Looool. Good one.

Omd i felt the same.
    A good thing seems to be that some of the words are used in urdu. Words like "khaber". Now I'm confident I can get the jist of this language insha'Allah.

(Original post by I am the cloud)
    A good thing seems to be that some of the words are used in urdu. Words like "khaber". Now I'm confident I can get the jist of this language insha'Allah.
    I say "khabar" but idk maybe that is just a dialect. Yeah it is same in a few other languages too. True you will notice some words here and there. Lol soon you will be speaking fluently insha'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    What's a Pashto? Is it like a mash potato curry?
    It's a language spoken by mostly pathans/pashtuns. It's spoken widely in Afghanistan and also in areas of Pakistan.

(Original post by h333)
    I say "khabar" but idk maybe that is just a dialect. Yeah it is same in a few other languages too. True you will notice some words here and there. Lol soon you will be speaking fluently insha'Allah.
    Yeh, It might be due to dialect, I have no clue. Although I pronounced it how you've written it because that's how I pronounce it in urdu.

It's a language spoken by mostly pathans/pashtuns. It's spoken widely in Afghanistan and also in areas of Pakistan.

Yeh, It might be due to dialect, I have no clue. Although I pronounced it how you've written it because that's how I pronounce it in urdu.
    I see. Yeah that should be fine. Urdu is so easy to understand but I feel it is so different to Pashto because Urdu has more Persian influence.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Bradford and find a tutor

ReputationRep:
    http://polyglotted.tumblr.com/post/3...ning-resources

has some stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    Go to Bradford and find a tutor
    Haven't got money to spare for a tutor!

Thanks. I'll take a look

ReputationRep:
    I might end up accidentally calling someone a khaar.
    :lol:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 29, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.