Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Looool. Good one.

Omd i felt the same.
    A good thing seems to be that some of the words are used in urdu. Words like "khaber". Now I'm confident I can get the jist of this language insha'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am the cloud)
    A good thing seems to be that some of the words are used in urdu. Words like "khaber". Now I'm confident I can get the jist of this language insha'Allah.
    I say "khabar" but idk maybe that is just a dialect. Yeah it is same in a few other languages too. True you will notice some words here and there. Lol soon you will be speaking fluently insha'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    What's a Pashto? Is it like a mash potato curry?
    It's a language spoken by mostly pathans/pashtuns. It's spoken widely in Afghanistan and also in areas of Pakistan.

(Original post by h333)
    I say "khabar" but idk maybe that is just a dialect. Yeah it is same in a few other languages too. True you will notice some words here and there. Lol soon you will be speaking fluently insha'Allah.
    Yeh, It might be due to dialect, I have no clue. Although I pronounced it how you've written it because that's how I pronounce it in urdu.

ReputationRep:
    It's a language spoken by mostly pathans/pashtuns. It's spoken widely in Afghanistan and also in areas of Pakistan.

Yeh, It might be due to dialect, I have no clue. Although I pronounced it how you've written it because that's how I pronounce it in urdu.
    I see. Yeah that should be fine. Urdu is so easy to understand but I feel it is so different to Pashto because Urdu has more Persian influence.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Bradford and find a tutor

ReputationRep:
    http://polyglotted.tumblr.com/post/3...ning-resources

has some stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    Go to Bradford and find a tutor
    Haven't got money to spare for a tutor!

Thanks. I'll take a look

ReputationRep:
    I might end up accidentally calling someone a khaar.
    :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.