The Student Room Group

got caught skiving a lesson....

im in year 11 and missed last lesson with my mate.
we just went toilets and went on r phones and listened to music.
normally id leave the school grounds but we decided this time that we couldnt be bothered.
( btw ive never been caught before)
so we got caught and taken to the heads office but we havnt seen him yet.
do u think they will inform r parents ???
is skiving lessons acctually that big of a deal that people make it out to be!!!?????
also what could my school acctually do as a punishment apart from detentions ( which idr care about) ???:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
normally id leave the school grounds but we decided this time that we couldnt be bothered.
is skiving lessons acctually that big of a deal that people make it out to be!!!?????
also what could my school acctually do as a punishment apart from detentions ( which idr care about) ???:

You'll probably get a detention and that's about it.
Reply 2
If you skip classes all the time, act badass at least. What are you so scared of? You'll likely get detention.
I'm guessing you were bunking off your English lessons, and have been for several years.
LOL relax

Of course they will tell your parents, why wouldn't they? As for hiding in the toilets and listening to music, one did you think that one nobody would hear it, two your teachers wouldn't realise you were absent and had been in for the rest of the day, and three that you would be able to walk out of the school gate without anyone realising you were absent for that one lesson?

You have got your parents into more trouble than you; recently a large amount of schools have started to fine parents money for their children not turning up to school, and not being in lessons. The school will give you a detention and your absence will be recorded, your parents will be told and if your abscences increase, your parents may be fined. I don't imagine your parents will be thrilled about paying money because you couldn't be bothered to utilise your free education, just turn up.
Clear the stage - We got a hard-nut here!

:adore: :devil:
Reply 7
Original post by Glassapple
Of course they will tell your parents, why wouldn't they? As for hiding in the toilets and listening to music, one did you think that one nobody would hear it, two your teachers wouldn't realise you were absent and had been in for the rest of the day, and three that you would be able to walk out of the school gate without anyone realising you were absent for that one lesson?

You have got your parents into more trouble than you; recently a large amount of schools have started to fine parents money for their children not turning up to school, and not being in lessons. The school will give you a detention and your absence will be recorded, your parents will be told and if your abscences increase, your parents may be fined. I don't imagine your parents will be thrilled about paying money because you couldn't be bothered to utilise your free education, just turn up.

Oh my god, now this individual is probably scared to death. You'll make a great parent one day.....
they will likely inform ur parents and you'll probably get a detention...it will all pass eventually so no biggie lol
Original post by EC
Oh my god, now this individual is probably scared to death. You'll make a great parent.....

I don't think I'll have children, I can't stand them anyway. All I've told him is the truth, schools have started to fine parents for their children's truancy, and the school will tell his parents, whether they eventually fine them or not. He needs to realise what he's done and the consequences nces for it, he should be scared of his parents' reaction.

https://www.gov.uk/school-attendance-absence/legal-action-to-enforce-school-attendance
(edited 7 years ago)
I've skipped lessons before and got caught. They'll call home.
i can just tell you're going to get straight As on your GCSEs
Reply 12
I don't think I'll have children, I can't stand them anyway. All I've told him is the truth, schools have started to fine parents for their children's truancy, and the school will tell his parents, whether they eventually fine them or not. He needs to realise what he's done and the consqequnces for it, he should be scared of his parents' reaction.

https://www.gov.uk/school-attendance-absence/legal-action-to-enforce-school-attendance

Your system is really strict. So even if you skip only one lesson, the school is going to take all these measure?

Where I live, students can actually skip 15 lessons before their parents are announced, but usually nobody bothers to call home so they skip way more.
Original post by EC
Your system is really strict. So even if you skip only one lesson, the school is going to take all these measure?

Where I live, students can actually skip 15 lessons before their parents are announced, but usually nobody bothers to call home so they skip way more.

My school will always call your parents if you haven't done your homework, skip a lesson, are rude to the teacher, have been sent out of the lesson, etc. I guess some schools don't care, but mine does and it's a good school. If you don't have clear boundaries, you can't be consistent with authority, warnings and consequences.
Reply 14
My school will always call your parents if you haven't done your homework, skip a lesson, are rude to the teacher, have been sent out of the lesson, etc. I guess some schools don't care, but mine does and it's a good school. If you don't have clear boundaries, you can't be consistent with authority, warnings and consequences.

Mine is considered the best in the city, which is quite small, but we have students who are now at Cambridge or Oxford. I would like to say it's the merit of the teachers, but not really. I wish they cared that much about students, but unfortunately they don't. :lol: Consider yourself lucky.
(edited 7 years ago)

You will get a detention and that's it, if you fail to attend that then things can escalate. I remember my parents would get phone calls home saying I was skipping when I never even had any lessons :colonhash: the times I did skip, they never even did anything lol :tongue:
It depends on the school. When I was in year 11, I mostly just showed up for registration at the start and end of the day and went to a volunteer job. The teachers didn't seem to notice or care. I think they were more focused on the gang violence and teacher/student relationship scandals.
I’m in year 7. It is boilingggg and yesterday I missed the last lesson which was PE and it was outdoors. I got my friend to say “here” for me for the register. And me and my other friend just hid in the toilets and missed that lesson. Only half an hour was left till the end of the day when someone came into the toilets and they heard my friend laughing. I kept telling her to be quiet but she just couldn’t stop laughing. The person heard us and said “it’s not good to share a toilet” sarcastically and then they said “I’m going to report you”. So they went to the office and reported us and we though they were joking so we stayed quiet but thought nothing of it. Then, an important member of staff came in and said “girls who is in there” right outside the cubicle we were in. We had to come out so we cam out and pretended looking ill. We got really told off and told it was truancy. And we said that we felt sick so then the staff said “if you did not fell well, you know you are meant to go to the office and they will let you sit in the medical room!”. So she took us into the office and told us off badly and I don’t think she believed our story that we BOTH didn’t feel well. She called our parents and told them. My mum didn’t tell my dad when I got home after that but my mum didn’t care that much, she just said “don’t do it again”. Then, the staff sent us up to a room called RFI (room for improvement). It’s where students are put if you have done something REALLY bad like been in a fight in the playground or worse. We only had to sit there for 30 minutes because that was when the bell would go. You just sit there and get on with your work and there is voice recording and cameras in that room. We were also told about a sanction on Monday (because it is the weekend now) but I don’t know what it is. I think it’s a full lunch detention but I won’t worry about that because it’s not that bad, but it might be a whole day in RFI!!! I don’t normally skip lessons. I’m not a bad student and I work hard and I’m in one of the highest sets. For some reason I feel scared and bad about what is going to happen now but I don’t know why.

Latest

Trending

Trending