The Student Room Group

Performance anxiety

I've been asked to play my instrument in front of the whole school but 'I don't have anything to play' - as in I only have the pieces I've just started learning, my old grade 7 pieces which are long gone, and a chopin piece which is also long gone. Also, I absolutely hate performing in front of large crowds and my history of performances hasn't been that great (I've always some how messed up in each one)
Reply 1
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
I've been asked to play my instrument in front of the whole school but 'I don't have anything to play' - as in I only have the pieces I've just started learning, my old grade 7 pieces which are long gone, and a chopin piece which is also long gone. Also, I absolutely hate performing in front of large crowds and my history of performances hasn't been that great (I've always some how messed up in each one)

A good thing about performing in front of a bunch of people like this, is that, most of them won't know when you mess up. I've had to perform like this before, a very long time ago, though, and I'm sure I messed up at least three times, however it is more about your ability to move on from these mistakes and quickly pick up where you left off - people will applaud you more if you can continue when messing up, rather than making a big deal of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending