The Student Room Group

Working in Aldi in London...

I currently work in Aldi on a 30 hour a week contract, outside of London. I tend to
average 33-38 hours a week, so it's pretty much a full time job. However I will be
transferring to London soon and I've heard they tend to only give out 25 hour a
week contracts to store assistants in London stores. I still will be getting enough to
live on 25 hours a week (I'll be living in a shared room and I won't be commuting at all), but I was wondering what hours I would be getting weekly. Will I be mostly working 25 hours or do they give out extra hours?
Original post by murdereyes
I currently work in Aldi on a 30 hour a week contract, outside of London. I tend to
average 33-38 hours a week, so it's pretty much a full time job. However I will be
transferring to London soon and I've heard they tend to only give out 25 hour a
week contracts to store assistants in London stores. I still will be getting enough to
live on 25 hours a week (I'll be living in a shared room and I won't be commuting at all), but I was wondering what hours I would be getting weekly. Will I be mostly working 25 hours or do they give out extra hours?

I would imagine that they would offer extra hours. Perhaps ask your new manager about it, and see if you can put yourself forward to cover other people's holidays and stuff if you want the extra income

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending