The Student Room Group

Shared Bathrooms

Can anyone tell me if Shared Bathrooms are okay? Because the university I am thinking off most of the places have shared bathrooms and the en-suite rooms don't look that appealing to me.
I just am curious to know if they're actually okay or bothersome.
Original post by Alphraco
Can anyone tell me if Shared Bathrooms are okay? Because the university I am thinking off most of the places have shared bathrooms and the en-suite rooms don't look that appealing to me.

If you live with clean people and the toilet and bath/shower are seperate from each other, then it can be well worth the cheaper price.
Reply 2

I've had shared bathrooms with 6 people in two different halls and they've always be fine. You tend to have cleaners in communal areas in halls, so you don't have to rely on other people cleaning. I've also never had a problem with the showers being too busy when I've needed them.
Reply 3
In my accommodation we share 3 bathrooms between 10 of us (9 now that one person has dropped out) the only issues we've had is everyone wanting to shower in the bathroom on the middle floor as it's just been renovated

Hi,

In my first year at Derby, I chose to have a shared bathroom which has been absolutely fine so far. As they are communal areas, they get cleaned by a cleaner every week. The only issue can be busy mornings when everyone wants a shower, but as long as you talk to your flatmates if you know you’re going to want a shower at a busy time then you can sort out a kind of schedule for when people use it (not normally an issue at all though). Also, I’d recommend keeping all your shower stuff in a basket to take to and from the shower as, although it hasn’t happened to me, my sister experienced flatmates using up her shower gel etc. when she left it in there.

Molly
shared bathrooms are something everyone seems to stress about but very few people actually have problems with! don't worry about it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending