The Student Room Group

Better late than never?

Hi everyone! I thought I'd better start this thread to help me motivate myself. I'm going on to study Environmental Science at University (hopefully) in September. I've got offers from Birmingham, Northumbria, Leeds and Hull and I've got an interview at Manchester next week - if I get an offer from there I will definitely firm it.

In order to get into Manchester I will need ABB, if I don't get an offer for Manchester, I'll firm Birmingham which is ABB or BBB with an A in EPQ.

I'm currently studying:
A2 Biology
A2 English Language
AS and A2 Geography (I need to resit AS as I got a very low grade in one of my exams).

I'm hoping to get ABB at least, hopefully A*A*AB with an A* in English and EPQ, an A in Biology and a B in Geography.

It's gonna be a difficult journey for me as I got BCC last year, but this year I'm working and I'm determined to get the grades. Has anyone got any quick revision/study tips? :smile:
Interesting mix of A levels :smile:

What's the topic for the EPQ? Mine's on the historical comparisons to Daenerys from Game of Thrones.
Reply 2
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
Interesting mix of A levels :smile:

What's the topic for the EPQ? Mine's on the historical comparisons to Daenerys from Game of Thrones.

Mine is on water nutrient status :smile: it doesn't sound too interesting but it's directly related to my uni course!
Original post by Amefish
Mine is on water nutrient status :smile: it doesn't sound too interesting but it's directly related to my uni course!

Fair enough - it's interesting to the right people :smile:
Reply 4

UPDATE 18/02/2017:

Did two past paper Geography questions yesterday, worth 25 marks. My teacher will mark it when I go back to college. I've been meaning to get some more past paper questions to practice, particularly AS, however my WiFi has been down today. I better get some questions in a word document in case it goes down again! :tongue: my AS Geography revision sessions start this week, we'll be having 2 hours a week every Thursday, but I need to do more work on my own to improve my AS grade!

I did some more AS Biology flashcards today, watched some videos on the immune system as it is a topic I'm still trying to get my head around, but I think I've finally understood it now so I can begin to drill it into my head and keep revising it!

I updated my English coursework, both my original writing piece and my language investigation - the deadline is Tuesday, hopefully I'll be getting the high grades :smile:

I also added some small bits into my EPQ because I have a progress meeting this coming week and I have to show a draft of my report, so I'm trying to get as much of it done as I can before then (though I'm only 1/5th of the way through). I definitely want to get it done ASAP though so I can focus on my exams.

My interview at the University of Manchester is in 4 days, it's only a 15 minute interview but I'm practising my answers to make sure I don't let myself down :biggrin:
Reply 5

UPDATE 25/02/2017:

Had no WiFi until Thursday when the Virgin Media man came out and gave us a new hub! I went to my interview on Wednesday at the University of Manchester and have since firmly accepted their offer :smile: I got my results from a Biology mock I did before the half term, scoring a B (although the grade boundaries must have been really low because it was only 60%). I just did another Biology mock for the AS content and I'm hoping to get a decent grade because I really did a lot of work for it!

I handed my English Language coursework in, I'm glad it's finally gone off. I need to focus on revising Child Language Acquisition because this is a large part of my exam and I'm struggling to get all of the key words and concepts into my head. Our Geography AS revision sessions have also started this week, but unfortunately I had to miss it this week and next week (due to a funeral), but after that I'm hoping to make good AS progress!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending