The Student Room Group

Am I a late developer?

I'm nearly 21 and I've never been in a relationship however I would appreciate some advice on the following:

At what age do most people get into serious relationships?
Is it common to reach the age of 21 and never been in a relationship
The first time I developed any romantic feelings was when I was 18. As a teenager in high school I never felt any desire or interest in girls. Does this mean I am a late developer?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm nearly 21 and I've never been in a relationship however I would appreciate some advice on the following:

The first time I developed any romantic feelings was when I was 18. As a teenager in high school I never felt any desire or interest in girls. Does this mean I am a late developer?

It's tricky to precisely state the age because some people prefer to start serious relationships early while others don't. But I'm pretty sure that these days most youngsters of our generation jump into the relationship phase quite earlier than they should. The other day I saw someone wants desperately to have a boyfriend at the age of 13. She's not mature yet she wants to engage in a relationship. That was a shocker to me. If someone can't fulfil the responsibility, he/she shouldn't go for a relationship since the other person will raise questions like why don't/didn't he/she do this/that and so on. As long as someone can handle the pressure of it, it can be either 18 or whatever.

Haha... It's common to me because I'm 22 and yet to have a partner who'll be a lifelong one.

Even if you've or are developing it late, it's better than ever. Because you understand loads of things in life more efficiently at the moment which you weren't a few years ago perhaps.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

just go with your own pace instead of looking at other people. Some people choose to stay single their whole life and some can't live even a week without a partner.
Reply 3
Original post by useless-dismay
just go with your own pace instead of looking at other people. Some people choose to stay single their whole life and some can't live even a week without a partner.

Yes that's true I didn't really think about it that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending