The Student Room Group

She is rich and I'm poor

There is a girl is like. I think she might like me back but I'm feeling so insecure and feel like I don't have a chance

Her house looks massive, she has nice clothes. (She said she gets student loans and using that to go on holidays) so surely her parents are not that rich?

I wouldn't say I'm poor but I do have lots of nice things but I need to save up for them. If I want to go on holiday I have to save up money.

Scroll to see replies

You have no chance
Reply 2
Why not give it a try? What's the worst that could happen?
You'd be rich if you got together 😉
Original post by Anonymous
There is a girl is like. I think she might like me back but I'm feeling so insecure and feel like I don't have a chance

Her house looks massive, she has nice clothes. (She said she gets student loans and using that to go on holidays) so surely her parents are not that rich?

I wouldn't say I'm poor but I do have lots of nice things but I need to save up for them. If I want to go on holiday I have to save up money.

My household income is a lot more than my boyfriend's but that wasn't really on our minds at all when we decided to get together... If you like each other then it shouldn't get in the way
money doesn't matter to everyone. i'm rich but wouldn't care about whether a guy is rich or not, if i truly like him. especially growing up in a household where money doesnt mean love or emotional stability.
Could be a problem.
Reply 7
Original post by CraigBackner
You have no chance

Original post by UWS
Why not give it a try? What's the worst that could happen?

Original post by Gingerbread101
My household income is a lot more than my boyfriend's but that wasn't really on our minds at all when we decided to get together... If you like each other then it shouldn't get in the way

money doesn't matter to everyone. i'm rich but wouldn't care about whether a guy is rich or not, if i truly like him. especially growing up in a household where money doesnt mean love or emotional stability.

Original post by Das Kapital
Could be a problem.

Original post by ALYAMAANI
You'd be rich if you got together 😉

okay still confused. Girls seem to say its okay but the guys dont.

Anyway my thought is, what is the point of dating a girl who only likes money. So i will give it a try

Anyway my thought is, what is the point of dating a girl who only likes money. So i will give it a try

dont listen to the girls, there not guys

ur rich huh?

There's a difference between girls who are rich and girls who only like money - if they're the latter then they probably aren't worth dating anyway

It would just be awkward. Her interests, places she would like to visit/eat, the kind of presents she would want would be way above what you can afford.

It can work if she's aware how most people live, but I've found most rich people are so out of touch with how the average person lives that it's just awkward.
"Being rich doesn't always mean having money, Being rich is about being happy about the money you have." -Me
It would just be awkward. Her interests, places she would like to visit/eat, the kind of presents she would want would be way above what you can afford.

It can work if she's aware how most people live, but I've found most rich people are so out of touch with how the average person lives that it's just awkward.

Depends on the person really, and how much money you define someone 'rich' as having - I could quite happily have a meal out in a top restaurant or be just as happy having takeaway pizza if it was with the right company:tongue:

Look, I am wealthy and my boyfriend is a lot poorer - seriously. If you let money bother you then your relationship is doomed. Money is not the be all and end all. I love my partner because he is intellectual and he is like a piece of a jigsaw - he is just fits perfectly
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Look, I am wealthy and my boyfriend is a lot poorer - seriously. If you let money bother you then your relationship is doomed. Money is not the be all and end all. I love my partner because he is intellectual and he is like a piece of a jigsaw - he is just fits perfectly

real talk!!!!!!! this is so true.

Im not saying I cant afford it, it just means I need to save up, rather than buying on the spot.

Like I brought a watch, and I saved a little every week to buy it
Original post by Gingerbread101
Depends on the person really, and how much money you define someone 'rich' as having - I could quite happily have a meal out in a top restaurant or be just as happy having takeaway pizza if it was with the right company:tongue:

Hahaha no you wouldn't I bet you're really picky.
Original post by CraigBackner
You have no chance

Not everyone is materialistic.
People become rich by getting together. It's very rare a single person becomes rich on their own. The ones I've seen aren't really people more like terrorists with an unrelenting sense of self worth over all other human beings be them in an Intensive care ward or out on the street or the president.

Quick Reply