The Student Room Group

UMS and new a levels - Cambridge SAQ

Planning to apply to Cambridge next year for 2018 entry for Natural Sciences. To anyone that applied this year how does the SAQ work with the new a levels. Do you receive raw or UMS marks with your results and do these have to be submitted to Cambridge or has that section of the SAQ been abolished? I realise quite a lot of schools no longer sit AS exams but my school still does.
Thanks!
Original post by dogdogdog
Planning to apply to Cambridge next year for 2018 entry for Natural Sciences. To anyone that applied this year how does the SAQ work with the new a levels. Do you receive raw or UMS marks with your results and do these have to be submitted to Cambridge or has that section of the SAQ been abolished? I realise quite a lot of schools no longer sit AS exams but my school still does.
Thanks!

If your school still offers AS exams then those results will be included in your UCAS application.

The SAQ only asks for UMS results for non-linear A/AS modules. If you're taking linear A levels and linear AS levels then you don't need to answer the questions about module UMS on the SAQ (assuming they use the same format as for 2017 entry http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/sites/www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/saq.pdf p17 "If you are not taking modular AS and A Levels, please ignore this question. You must not enter linear AS and A Levels in this table" )

Your UCAS reference should explain that your school offers/insists on AS exams as well as A level (and for schools where they don't do that their references will do the same and explain what they use instead to come up with predicted grades).

Quick Reply

Latest