The Student Room Group

B-schools without work experience in UK

Do any of Dream colleges in UK like oxford or the Cambridge offer a good management course even if you have no work experience?
Have you looked this up at all? Generally you need work experience and will be competing against people who have it.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Have you looked this up at all? Generally you need work experience and will be competing against people who have it.

That is bothering me so do you think i would stand a chance to be selected and get a seat in a good course against the experienced people
Original post by Pranjul
That is bothering me so do you think i would stand a chance to be selected and get a seat in a good course against the experienced people

If work experience is an entry requirement you're unlikely to get offered a place without it. If it isn't you stand a chance but not a good one if you're competing with others who have work experience. You may want to contact the unis and ask.
Reply 4
Original post by Pranjul
Do any of Dream colleges in UK like oxford or the Cambridge offer a good management course even if you have no work experience?

The closest you'd find at Oxford without experience would be their undergraduate degree in Economics and Management. You would need very high A Level or equivalent grades to stand a chance, but it's not necessary to have any experience:
http://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/programmes/degrees/baem

The rest of their courses all need some level of professional experience.

I suspect Cambridge and Durham will be similar - a quick Google will confirm. Things like MBAs and postgraduate Diplomas are intended more as professional development than entry-level qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending