The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Guru Jason
So in order to stop people doing something illegal we should ban all those who drive within the law? Is this what your saying? Why not just target all tailgating, just saying.

That's obviously not what I'm saying, but driver education really does need a rethink, especially those who have passed prior to the past 5-10 or so years.
Original post by IWMTom
When operating machinery weighing over a ton and capable of so much damage, you cannot afford to be "nervous". Confidence is vital for driving.

How do you propose young people and new drivers learn how to drive then, if they cannot practise when nervous? Taking a test would be illegal for most people.
Original post by IWMTom
That's obviously not what I'm saying, but driver education really does need a rethink, especially those who have passed prior to the past 5-10 or so years.

Here's a simple solution so long as everyone follows it. Stick to the speed limit and dont tailgate, how about that?
Reply 43
Original post by Good bloke
How do you propose young people and new drivers learn how to drive then, if they cannot practise when nervous? Taking a test would be illegal for most people.

There's a fair few threads about driver education where I've noted my opinions. I suggest you look them up for answers.
Reply 44
Original post by Guru Jason
Here's a simple solution so long as everyone follows it. Stick to the speed limit and dont tailgate, how about that?

In a perfect world...
Original post by ChickenMadness
I like watching youtube vids of people breaking in front of tailgaters and making them crash.

OMG... When people follow within 0.5 seconds distance, then the person can't stop in time when the driver in front breaks hard "Crash4cash scammer caught on dashcam!! Totally not my fault!!!!". It's like sitting on a bench in the street and placing your wallet next to you when it's bulging with cash, then whining when someone jacks it. Criminals prey upon the stupid.
(edited 7 years ago)
As much as slow drivers are irritating, there's nothing you can do about it. Trying to intimidate them is probably going to make them retaliate by being even more annoying. So with that in mind, tailgating serves no purpose, leaves no room to overtake should the opportunity arise, and leaves you vulnerable to rear-ending them and being liable for the damage.
no not really
******s
Tailgating is never acceptable. If you do this you should be banned for a long time. Though the friends of Jeremy Clarkson will of course regard this as a terrible thing and probably quote the Human Rights Act.

A car driven by an idiot can lead to a person's death. Tailgating is like pointing a gun at a person's head.
Original post by iTailGATE
Quit driving like bloody old people. We have places to be retards.

If you think from that post that I'm a slow driver then you're very much mistaken :rofl: I've been caught speeding :tongue: Ironic though that you mentioned retards when your username...
No, go you back off and give them some space. Of they brake suddenly who's fault is it that the front end of you're car is wrecked by the back of his.
Original post by Talon
No, tailgating is not ok, it is dangerous. Also, it is a maximum speed limit, not a minimum. Driving way below what one would consider normal for the road and speed limit may be annoying, but that doesn't permit you to drive dangerously.

Agreed

Latest

Trending

Trending