The Student Room Group

UOTC Recruitment and Mental Health

I am asking because I am wondering whether my chances are shot before I even apply. I'm looking at UOTC for Exeter university.

I understand about the selection process/weekends and the strictness of the medicals involved, but in regards to mental health:

I had a massive trauma occur whilst I was overseas (I was in Oz for just under 3 years), which involved domestic abuse. When I came back to the UK I was put on medication and crisis care. I never attempted suicide or self harm, and have not had previous problems with instability and/or depression but I have had this period of instability as a direct result of trauma.

I've been in full-time work since I came home, and interrupted year 1 at Exeter for funding reasons. I'll be going back this year and really, really want to join the UOTC but I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Other than that, I'm in perfect physical health and have a high level of fitness.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you!
Original post by watso94
................!

You really need to ask the experts ie the UOTC. You could try going into an AFCO and asking there, but I'm not sure they would give you a definitive answer.

Quick Reply

Latest