The Student Room Group

Private A level student , wants to finish Second year In Sixth Form or College

Hi, so I'm a private candidate for two a levels and get tutored at home , I've finished AS and would like to complete my 2 nd year in a college/ sixth form. Is this possible since I wasn't with a previous registered college or sixth form for my first year.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by Milan2424
Hi, so I'm a private candidate for two a levels and get tutored at home , I've finished AS and would like to complete my 2 nd year in a college/ sixth form. Is this possible since I wasn't with a previous registered college or sixth form for my first year.

It would be possible to study in a college or possibly a sixth form if you meet their entry requirements for subjects you want to take. Are you taking AS exams that would prove you have successfully competed that study? if not then consider how you might be able to satisfy a sixth form/college that you have mastered the first year of content. You should also consider that a full time student would be required to take three subjects and so you might be required to start A levels again. The best way to find out your options is to contact local schools/colleges and arrange a meeting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest