The Student Room Group

042r Higher Officer Caseworker HMRC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john.doe.
I'm starting 22/05, handed my notice in on Monday and they let me go there and then so I'm unemployed for 4 weeks! Guess I'll just have to watch Jeremy Kyle and see what all the fuss is about haha

😂 Congrats and good luck. Just out of interest, you won't get paid for that month will you? I could do with not working for a month but I'd struggle with my bills 💵
Original post by Hoping to leave
😂 Congrats and good luck. Just out of interest, you won't get paid for that month will you? I could do with not working for a month but I'd struggle with my bills 💵

No I won't get paid but I knew they would let me go when I handed in my notice in so I new I needed to make my last pay which is paid tomorrow last a while! However if they delay the start date for any reason, I will be screwed haha so let's hope they don't!
I'm starting in Cardiff on Tuesday. What workstreams have others been assigned to?
Original post by 042recruit
For those starting on Tuesday in Cardiff, what work streams have you been assigned to?

SME
Original post by Welshdresser
SME

Original post by 042recruit
I'm starting in Cardiff on Tuesday. What workstreams have others been assigned to?

How do you know? My offer email just said they'd decide which business area during/after the 12 week training induction :/
SME

Same.
Original post by 042cardiff
Same.

My Formal Offer email said I'd be placed into that team.
Original post by 042cardiff
Same.

My Formal Offer email said I'd be placed into that team.

Oooh. Now I'm nervous!
Reply 188
hi im starting tuesday cardiff. my offer says campaign and projects. any one already joined do they ask your bank details when join for salary purposes?
Original post by hco786
hi im starting tuesday cardiff. my offer says campaign and projects. any one already joined do they ask your bank details when join for salary purposes?

Well they're going to have to ask for it at some point, unless you're expecting to be paid in buttons :P
Reply 190
lol i dont mind
Original post by dontcallmesammy
Oooh. Now I'm nervous!

Mine said same as yours so don't worry!
Original post by TonksNotDora
Mine said same as yours so don't worry!

Glad I'm not he only one then! Worried for a moment there aha.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hco786

My hubby is a civil servant (MOJ) and he says there is a staff portal where you input all your personal details, contacts, Next of kin, bank accounts and all that kind of stuff.
I'm starting in cardiff within the campaign and project dept
Reply 195
cool are you guy or girl what are planning to wear lol
Reply 196
any guys on here already started in cardiff or any where else in the prev batch pls shed some insight on &st few weeks please thanks
Original post by hco786
cool are you guy or girl what are planning to wear lol

Shirt, trousers and tidy shoes for me.
Yeah same here. I'd rather overdress than underdress on the first day
Reply 199
Original post by hco786
any guys on here already started in cardiff or any where else in the prev batch pls shed some insight on &st few weeks please thanks

Smart / casual on your first day. Don't suit and boot..... you will stick out and be uncomfortable.

It is the most casual dress code I have ever know, but I personally can't dress down to jeans and shorts!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending