The Student Room Group

Can't find my career I am meant to do?

Constantly sick of this and last week I though maybe I did but then no. I'm getting old:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Constantly sick of this and last week I though maybe I did but then no. I'm getting old:frown:

It can be really hard to think about what we want to do with our lives. Try not to stress or beat yourself up over it. Have you checked out My World of Work? There are quizzes where it can suggest to you some jobs it thinks might be suitable for you - http://myworldofwork.co.uk
You can also look up jobs and see what sort of skills & qualities you need, what the working environment is like (hours, environment, travel etc), what sort of things you would do, what qualifications you need, what the average salary range is etc. Plus it also suggests similar jobs. Have you considered trying to go for lots of different work experience opportunities? It'd look great on your CV and you can get a taste for if it's something you would be interested in before you invest time in trying to properly get yourself that job.
you don't always need a career. There's nothing wrong with working normal jobs to get by whilst you live out your dreams. Maybe that means travelling and working cafe jobs to fund it along the way, or perhaps working at a shop while you create things. Your passions should be prioritised over work. Find something you love and then do that. If that means working a job on the side or turning it into a career that's what you should do
Well what do you enjoy doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending