The Student Room Group

Are You Prepared?

Well title says it all really... November (2007) is continuing its approach and is well and truly within sight signalling the arrival of our final exams for those of us in this session! I was just curious to see how people are coping, whether you are excited or petrified, how much study people are starting (or continuing) to cram in, and just how many of us there are in general around here :biggrin:

Soo... come out and reveal yourselves fellow November IB 2007 Candidates (as well as past IB'ers with any tips, support or sadistic enjoyment at our predicament) and reveal your thoughts! :wink:

Personally, I find myself in a curious state of feeling alternately petrified, confident, excited, happy and sad simultaneously at the thought of over 2 years hard work about to be examined with my learning put to the test :eek:
I'm a May 2008 candidate (some time to go yet), but just here to wish you guys the best of luck for your upcoming exams!^^. Its about time everything pays off.
Reply 2
im in for november 2007!

i think petrified is an understatement. but still, an end to 2 years work.... itll all be worth it in the end (fingers crossed)
Reply 3
I certainly hope so! Spent much more time at school than the other academic systems have to, so it'll be good to (hopefully) have a lead on them at university
Reply 4
Nov 07 here.....

getting exited haha.
Reply 5
I'm ready for English and French, and almost Maths. Everything else needs a lot of work. It's gonna be a busy month. :smile:
Reply 6
Seems a lot of us are Australians in this session.

I'm ready for Biology (HL), Maths (SL), English (HL) and History (SL).. still need a fair bit of study on Chemistry (HL) and Spanish (ab initio) though :cool:
Reply 7
Before I read the contents of this thread, my answer is an overwhelming, "NO!!" Now that I have read the thread, I must say that my answer is still an overwhelming, "NO!!"

I am not prepared... in life.
Reply 8
Aw I'm sure you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel eventually.

I didn't know there was a "History of the Americas HL" IB subject, what's it like?
Reply 9
wow i feel so unready for all my subjects.... its still so surreal that i have only 4 weeks to go. and then everythings over! thats what im hanging out for!
Reply 10
Unconscionable
Aw I'm sure you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel eventually.

I didn't know there was a "History of the Americas HL" IB subject, what's it like?

It's IB History HL, with the History of the Americas Regional option. It's not its own class like IB Islamic Studies or anything like that. The IB1 people this year are learning all about the history of North and South America, mainly focusing on the history of the US as its most powerful country. Right now their doing the [American] Civil War. Our year is mostly about how America screwed up Latin America forever. And then we spend a week on Canada and their weird French-speaking people.
Call me an ignorant American, but what is so important in November? Here we apply for universities, but nothing really happens til march or so as far as acceptances go. We take our tests in May, but I'm assuming that you do,too.

Uh, I registered from my exams today, but it's only October.

*confused

Oh, and History of the Americas is really not very interesting. I would rather do European History.
Reply 12
Umm, you didnt know that there are November exams for the Southern Hemisphere people? (and those doing resits for the May exams)???
Oh yeah. It's college time for you guys. Totally slipped my mind.:p:
congratulations you guys!
Reply 14
Haha I still think you are lost.

The IB has two sessions, November, and May...

You do your exams in May, becase it fits in with your school year. Our school year is Feb-Nov, so november exams suit our school year. Comprende?
Reply 15
jezz
Haha I still think you are lost.

The IB has two sessions, November, and May...

You do your exams in May, becase it fits in with your school year. Our school year is Feb-Nov, so november exams suit our school year. Comprende?

Yeah, otherwise our long holidays would be in winter, which would pretty much suck. :p:
Reply 16
Ditto to that... Hahaha

Although... the surf is better in winter. So maybe it's not such a bad idea. I should talk to the Southern Hemisphere school board. :smile:
Reply 17
Unconscionable
I certainly hope so! Spent much more time at school than the other academic systems have to, so it'll be good to (hopefully) have a lead on them at university

erm, i dont think i have any advantage over others in my year at uni (im a fresher this year)
but good luck everyone, its not the end of everything, its not even the beginning, its a stage, enjoy it if you can!
Reply 18
I'll enjoy it...

BEACH!

Latest

Trending

Trending