Does that make the blind people racist?
Reply 3
Disgusting ableist pigs, shut them up!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Meany Pie

The worst of them all.
Reply 5
What the **** did I read. "Racial micro-acressions?" Lord have mercy.
Reply 6
Tell that to the Japanese. In their culture, making eye contact during conversation is considered rude. Sounds like the newsletter writers have too much time on their hands, so perhaps they could use some of it to actually research the things they're writing about…
Reply 7
To avoiding causing offence, I always stare directly into the eyes of everyone I talk to, for the entire conversation. Also those I pass in the street and people next to me at the bar.
I have had mixed responses.
Original post by QE2
To avoiding causing offence, I always stare directly into the eyes of everyone I talk to, for the entire conversation. Also those I pass in the street and people next to me at the bar.

For an institution that is at the pinnacle of academic excellence, this lack of understanding of cultural diversity is quite surprising.
Isn't oxford meant to be where smart critical thinkers end up?
Reply 11
Hahahaha
Reply 12
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Isn't oxford meant to be where smart critical thinkers end up?

Staff and faculty are not necessarily all Oxford graduates. I imagine at least one or two of the uni's cleaning staff only have a Cambridge degree.
Original post by Dez
Staff and faculty are not necessarily all Oxford graduates. I imagine at least one or two of the uni's cleaning staff only have a Cambridge degree.

Mmm but surely being surrounded by allegedly smart people would've led to somebody somewhere going "er m8 what the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: is this?", no? Am I being too optimistic?
Reply 14
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Mmm but surely being surrounded by allegedly smart people would've led to somebody somewhere going "er m8 what the :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: is this?", no? Am I being too optimistic?

I guess mistakes were made. :dontknow:
Odd to see complete logical ineptitude associated with such a respectable institution.
Original post by _gcx
Odd to see complete logical ineptitude associated with such a respectable institution.

It is same crap their SUs spout.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rather, making eye contact with blind people is disgustingly ableist.

It is same crap their SUs spout.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, this isn't the worst I see from this rising movement. (I keep on calling them the "new authoritarian left", because there really is no name for them, apart from, of course, "social justice warrior")

I honestly have very little hope for this generation.
Original post by _gcx

Honestly, this isn't the worst I see from this rising movement. (I keep on calling them the "new authoritarian left", because there really is no name for them, apart from, of course, "social justice warrior")

I honestly have very little hope for this generation.

Once they leave the bubble wrap of education they will realise that most people won't take their :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QE2

I also do this. I keep my eyelids open with matchsticks so as not to blink.

Blinking is a microagression too, you should know.

Quick Reply