The Student Room Group

Fly The Union Jack Flag On All Schools Permanently

The Union Jack Flag should be flown on all schools on a permanent basis. We are a proud nation and there is nothing wrong with expressing our patriotism. We should express it by flying our Union Jack Flag.

Our schools should also sing the national anthem (or Rule Britannia) while looking at the Union Jack to show true patriotism to the world, and to encourage our children to love our country and what it has to offer. We can also fly our respective nations flags along with the Union Jack e.g St George Cross in England, St Andrews Cross in Scotland etc as we should be proud of our home nation and union.

Sign the petition, Rule Britannia.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/190448

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hahaha, f*** that.
y tho?
Of all the ways we could use schools' time and money, I somewhat doubt this is the best way to help children and their education.
Original post by ScottishBrexitor
The Union Jack Flag should be flown on all schools on a permanent basis. We are a proud nation and there is nothing wrong with expressing our patriotism. We should express it by flying our Union Jack Flag.

Our schools should also sing the national anthem (or Rule Britannia) while looking at the Union Jack to show true patriotism to the world, and to encourage our children to love our country and what it has to offer. We can also fly our respective nations flags along with the Union Jack e.g St George Cross in England, St Andrews Cross in Scotland etc as we should be proud of our home nation and union.

I agree on the flag but not the anthem.

We could do a pledge like in America but even the flag at the moment would be a step forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.
Can we burn the EU flag while we replace them with the union flag?
Yeah, not sure why exactly the left has such a foul reaction to the symbol of our nation.
Reply 8
I live in a South Asian community, so instead of The Union Jack being flown I think this flag would be of a much better alternative.

Do not feed the troll.
I agree. Each respective countries' flag should also be flown. I.e St. George's in England, the Welshman in Wales and so on...

I don't understand why the left have a problem with this. It's a flag ffs but the left are a weird bunch of self loathers so it's not surprising.

If you can't fly your own country's flag in your own country, where can you???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MeYou2Night
I agree. Each respective countries' flag should also be flown. I.e St. George's in England, the Welshman in Wales and so on...

I don't understand why the left have a problem with this. It's a flag ffs but the left are a weird bunch of self loathers so it's not surprising.

If you can't fly your own country's flag in your own country, where can you???

If it's just a flag you shouldn't be losing your :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: over it either.
Don't really have a problem with the flag (but equally don't see the point in it), but children shouldn't be forced to sing the anthem.
Reply 13
Original post by Count Bezukhov
Don't really have a problem with the flag (but equally don't see the point in it), but children shouldn't be forced to sing the anthem.

This is my issue with the American model on this.

All my schools flew the flag somewhere, actually.
Reply 14
Nah f that just causes racism and police brutality... we're not like the Americans and I am proud of that
Original post by SHallowvale
If it's just a flag you shouldn't be losing your :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: over it either.

I'm not - you are :tongue: You'll say its "racist" to fly your country's flag in your own country like Emily Thornberry.
Pretty sure spending money on planning permission to get flagpoles for every single school and government building isn't in the austerity budget...
You can be patriotic without having to Bellamy salute a piece of cloth.
Reply 17

I agree with the Union Jack. I disagree with the nation flag, I think we should start seeing ourself as one nation again, united under the same flag. I disagree with the anthem but I do think it should be taught In school and sung once a week in assembly
Original post by gjd800
Hahaha, f*** that.

Original post by Vikingninja
No.

If you have no respect for our country then you can leave!

Original post by damidude
Do not feed the troll.

Excuse me?

Original post by Eilidhsimon
Nah f that just causes racism and police brutality... we're not like the Americans and I am proud of that

Utter rubbish.

Original post by zayn008
I agree with the Union Jack. I disagree with the nation flag, I think we should start seeing ourself as one nation again, united under the same flag. I disagree with the anthem but I do think it should be taught In school and sung once a week in assembly

I get that point but that will cause maytham via EDL, SNP, Plaid and SF will just complain, plus it's importance to celebrate each nation's greatness too.
Reply 19

I get that point but that will cause maytham via EDL, SNP, Plaid and SF will just complain, plus it's importance to celebrate each nation's greatness too.

In which case we should have all flags. People need to celebrate the UK not their nation as you heavily see in Scotland or England

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending