The Student Room Group

Should I attempt to meet her after being dumped?

I got recently dumped and since then (8 days) I have not contacted her. We have been staying in distant for more than one month and she suddenly decided to break up thinking that it's unhealthy for her. Sometimes, I feel desperate to meet her, but then I start thinking that that's my illogical part. I don't want to seem undignified as she did not answer to my emails and texts after two days of the breakup. Would be helpful if anybody could share their experience or thoughts.
Original post by Ripon92
I got recently dumped and since then (8 days) I have not contacted her. We have been staying in distant for more than one month and she suddenly decided to break up thinking that it's unhealthy for her. Sometimes, I feel desperate to meet her, but then I start thinking that that's my illogical part. I don't want to seem undignified as she did not answer to my emails and texts after two days of the breakup. Would be helpful if anybody could share their experience or thoughts.

Nope it is a bad idea, especially as you say you feel desperate. It would not end well.

How did she dump you? Did she give you any explanation?

Imo just move on.
Original post by 999tigger
Nope it is a bad idea, especially as you say you feel desperate. It would not end well.

How did she dump you? Did she give you any explanation?

Imo just move on.

No, she just said she can't commit herself to a long-term relationship, so she needs to end it. You are right, now I try not to listen to my illogical part of the brain. I was having my grad school final exam and she did not care for that. The only thing is I was supposed to meet her in two days and she did that. So feeling desperate was partly to know why it happened. But I guess she is too cowardly to show up and thinks she might get back again if she sees me. But I lost respect because of the timing and exams, which caused an irreparable damage to my career.
Original post by Ripon92
No, she just said she can't commit herself to a long-term relationship, so she needs to end it. You are right, now I try not to listen to my illogical part of the brain. I was having my grad school final exam and she did not care for that. The only thing is I was supposed to meet her in two days and she did that. So feeling desperate was partly to know why it happened. But I guess she is too cowardly to show up and thinks she might get back again if she sees me. But I lost respect because of the timing and exams, which caused an irreparable damage to my career.

Stop being so dramatic. It only lasted a month. You sound way too intense and emo for a relationship that only lasted a month. Focus on your exams, stop moping and find someone else after.
nah move on. easier to move on with no contact. sounds like a selfish sl*g
Stop being so dramatic. It only lasted a month. You sound way too intense and emo for a relationship that only lasted a month. Focus on your exams, stop moping and find someone else after.

We have been together for a year and a half. She moved to another city for one month.
Original post by ChickenMadness
nah move on. easier to move on with no contact. sounds like a selfish sl*g

Despite the fact that I feel desperate I have some ego problems and for which I maybe can never get back. I am not sure if I sound sadistic but if something bad happens to these types of exes I feel extremely happy as I lost the respect because of the childish breakup.
Original post by Ripon92
We have been together for a year and a half. She moved to another city for one month.

Leave it. She is ignoring you. the most you can get is if you had a mutual friend and they can pass the message on. It all boils down to the same thing though, she is not interested in taking it further because she isnt that into you and doesnt feel you are compatible. Relationships end.

You can dwell on it all you like, but it doesnt sound like she will be keen to give you therapy to enable you to move on. probably because she knows you will be emo about it.
Original post by Ripon92
Despite the fact that I feel desperate I have some ego problems and for which I maybe can never get back. I am not sure if I sound sadistic but if something bad happens to these types of exes I feel extremely happy as I lost the respect because of the childish breakup.

nah it's normal to feel happy when bad stuff happens to bad people lol
Original post by Ripon92

Which sounds childish and gives a hint as to why she just cut it dead rather than going through a break up.
Leave it. She is ignoring you. the most you can get is if you had a mutual friend and they can pass the message on. It all boils down to the same thing though, she is not interested in taking it further because she isnt that into you and doesnt feel you are compatible. Relationships end.

You can dwell on it all you like, but it doesnt sound like she will be keen to give you therapy to enable you to move on. probably because she knows you will be emo about it.

That's the thing I am doing now. I moved to another place and am trying to adapt myself to something else. She knew that of course. As I said I wanted to respect her and would end the relationship but it happened at the time of my exams. They are finished now.

Disrespectfulness and incompatibility are different. I can't force her to anything. She said it's not the end she will meet me when we will have moved on. I wanted to send "lol", but didn't. Never even want to face her again.

Sorry it's just when I write I write the right thing and when I think I get emotionally imbalanced.

Thanks for the reply.
Which sounds childish and gives a hint as to why she just cut it dead rather than going through a break up.

You don't expect something good if you lose respect for that person. I said I will talk to her about everything when we meet after two days and then we will decide. But who cared!
Original post by Ripon92

Kl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending