The Student Room Group

A Commissioning Diary

Deleted.
(edited 6 years ago)
What role are you applying for?
Reply 2
I am looking to apply as a pilot however I will confirm after CBAT because I may not make the cut but be offered something else based on my results.
Reply 3
You've contradicted yourself in your first paragraph, but not to worry, verbal reasoning isn't heavily assessed on CBAT.
Reply 4
Is that regarding how I stated to provide information to the best of my ability but not spoon feed people? To clarify I am aiming to give an updated explanation as to what the process is, how I have prepared for it and if I feel my preparations were of help. Basically I am trying to give people the tools to succeed. For example I have given a few basic lifestyle Ideas and some brain training softwares that I am currently using. I am not, however breaking down a schedule or my specific routines that they should follow. I understand why you say it's a contradiction however the overall message i was trying to convey is that in order to succeed you will need to put in your own effort and research and not entirely depend on everything I say. Thank you for pointing it out though.
How did your AST go?
Reply 6
Original post by NobleWizard
How did your AST go?

I haven't written an AST. I haven't been asked to either.
The AST is the Airman Selection Test which is the first aptitude test in the application process.
The AST is the Airman Selection Test which is the first aptitude test in the application process.

For a non-commissioned rank
Original post by Benfh2
For a non-commissioned rank

Oh. I thought it was a test everyone had to take when joining. Obviously not.
Oh. I thought it was a test everyone had to take when joining. Obviously not.

All airmen/women candidates do it.

All officers candidates do the aptitude tests, which negate their need to do the ASTs.

I am embarking on the first steps for officer selection. My local AFCO said I would need to come and sit the AST even though going for an officer. Is this not correct? He did seem uninformed so I wouldn't be surprised.
Original post by p3pp3r
Is that regarding how I stated to provide information to the best of my ability but not spoon feed people? To clarify I am aiming to give an updated explanation as to what the process is, how I have prepared for it and if I feel my preparations were of help. Basically I am trying to give people the tools to succeed. For example I have given a few basic lifestyle Ideas and some brain training softwares that I am currently using. I am not, however breaking down a schedule or my specific routines that they should follow. I understand why you say it's a contradiction however the overall message i was trying to convey is that in order to succeed you will need to put in your own effort and research and not entirely depend on everything I say. Thank you for pointing it out though.

Just ignore the wind-ups. As I have mentioned I have spoken to the AFCO, they didn't mention the P2 presentation (as well as the AST!). What is this?

Quick Reply

Latest