The Student Room Group

i am failing my AS levels and im not sure what to do

I have attended a my local college for a year. I have taken English literature, history and sociology. I'm half way through my exams and I feel like I have not done well so far. except for sociology we already received our final grades for AS and I received an A. However I no longer have an interest in carrying on history and possibly literature. I feel incredibly lost in my college as it is huge and almost all of the teachers don't offer any help.They leave you to fail which has caused D's all year in history. I feel like I need extra help so I applied to a sixthform. But for some reason they only offered me A2 sociology and a level 3 for a year. I don't understand why. I dont care abut level 3 I only want to do A levels.I really would like to start over in sixthform is that possible?
Many people re-sit AS. I don't see why you can't restart if your college allows it.
Reply 2
Original post by Olivia0816
I have attended a my local college for a year. I have taken English literature, history and sociology. I'm half way through my exams and I feel like I have not done well so far. except for sociology we already received our final grades for AS and I received an A. However I no longer have an interest in carrying on history and possibly literature. I feel incredibly lost in my college as it is huge and almost all of the teachers don't offer any help.They leave you to fail which has caused D's all year in history. I feel like I need extra help so I applied to a sixthform. But for some reason they only offered me A2 sociology and a level 3 for a year. I don't understand why. I dont care abut level 3 I only want to do A levels.I really would like to start over in sixthform is that possible?

what you need to do olivia is look your teacher in the eye on results day and say ' if fought.... i lost... now i rest...' and then just KYS. have a good day xx
Reply 3
Original post by boriapple
Many people re-sit AS. I don't see why you can't restart if your college allows it.

i just dont want to stay at my college and the sixth form that i applied is being wierd with me. as i already have done my ociology and bc of time table clashes i couldnt be an A2. but i cant re-take it . is there no chance of re taking the sociology
Reply 4
Original post by ahad47
what you need to do olivia is look your teacher in the eye on results day and say ' if fought.... i lost... now i rest...' and then just KYS. have a good day xx

Cant tell if that was sadistic and mean or you were trying to make me smile. im just so scared that ill have no options for next year.
i just dont want to stay at my college and the sixth form that i applied is being wierd with me. as i already have done my ociology and bc of time table clashes i couldnt be an A2. but i cant re-take it . is there no chance of re taking the sociology

You can try asking other colleges/sixth forms. If you can't convince them then I'm afraid there's not much you can do.
Reply 6
Original post by boriapple
You can try asking other colleges/sixth forms. If you can't convince them then I'm afraid there's not much you can do.

im just worried they will all be the same if i apply. also i dont understand why they dont allow people to retake AS's. when students fail them in that sixthform they can. my exams dont give me actual grades this year. would other colleges have an issue with that as well?
Reply 7
Cant tell if that was sadistic and mean or you were trying to make me smile. im just so scared that ill have no options for next year.

LOOOOL nah im playing LMAO, get organised and create a timetable up to your exams, if you feel like its too late and failure is inevitable for this year then retake next year and be prepared
im just worried they will all be the same if i apply. also i dont understand why they dont allow people to retake AS's. when students fail them in that sixthform they can. my exams dont give me actual grades this year. would other colleges have an issue with that as well?

if u get kicked out do them as a private candidate

Really depends on the college. Send them some emails to ask. You'll probably find the email addresses on their websites.
Reply 10
Original post by galingo
if u get kicked out do them as a private candidate

if you have decent GCSE grades u can go retake at another college or sixth form if ur current tell you buh bye.
Original post by ahad47
if you have decent GCSE grades u can go retake at another college or sixth form if ur current tell you buh bye.

yh but wouldnt u have to start all over again and resit what if u want to retake along a2
Reply 12
Original post by ahad47

nah they wont kick me out since i need 2 Ds and that is not a problem. i just hate the college i am at. i think its pretty awful. so im looking for sixthforms that would take me in
Reply 13
nah they wont kick me out since i need 2 Ds and that is not a problem. i just hate the college i am at. i think its pretty awful. so im looking for sixthforms that would take me in

if you're get into a sixth form for A2 with D's then it depends on the standards of the sixth forms so you just gotta see i guess

Quick Reply

Latest