The Student Room Group

C2 2017 edexcel grade boundary predictions

Any guesses/predictions in terms of grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juan23carlos1998
Any guesses/predictions in terms of grade boundaries?

based on last years paper, this one was slightly easier in my opinion so i reckon 74 or 75/75 for 100ums and around 64/65 for 80 ums
Original post by swim2020
based on last years paper, this one was slightly easier in my opinion so i reckon 74 or 75/75 for 100ums and around 64/65 for 80 ums

I disagree, I think A will be 60-63. There was only one question last year that may have been tricky and that was the optimization question . I think this year was harder.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ihatehannah
I disagree, I think A will be 60-63. There was only one question last year that may have been tricky and that was the optimization question . I think this year was harder.

Really? Everyone coming out of the exam hall in my college was saying that this year's C2 has got to be the easiest ever. The optimisation question last year was ridiculously hard, but this year they made it so easy that it doesn't exist. Thought the definite integral was quite straightforward, was it not?
Original post by honour
Really? Everyone coming out of the exam hall in my college was saying that this year's C2 has got to be the easiest ever. The optimisation question last year was ridiculously hard, but this year they made it so easy that it doesn't exist. Thought the definite integral was quite straightforward, was it not?

Seems like you're just boasting tbh. I reckon I got about 70 but I still am able to appreciate its difficulty, people who cant see that this was a pretty tough paper have usually done worse than they think:smile:
My guess is that itll be around anywhere between 59-62 for an A. People are likely to have done because theyre better prepared after trying last years paper, they'd also be likely to have been taught with IAL papers too and they are probably going to be lots of resit students who have done C3 and C4 hence at an advantage.

However it was a tough paper with a non-traditional style (lots of 2 dp answers, logs was different, integral question was negative etc etc) and small things would have thrown people off.

63 I reckon would be safely be an A.
Original post by lolfloplol
Seems like you're just boasting tbh. I reckon I got about 70 but I still am able to appreciate its difficulty, people who cant see that this was a pretty tough paper have usually done worse than they think:smile:

Boasting? Uh no? I just said the last question in this year's C2 was much easier than the last question from the C2 last year? Chill.

"people who cant see that this was a pretty tough paper have usually done worse than they think"

lmao since when? Your personal experience?

63 for an A is quite high for an A actually, usually it's 61-62. First you say 59-62 is an A then you said it's 63. Make up your mind because that's quite a variation.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by honour
Boasting? Uh no? I just said the last question in this year's C2 was much easier than the last question from the C2 last year? Chill.

"people who cant see that this was a pretty tough paper have usually done worse than they think"

Since when? Your personal experience?

"easiest paper ever" alright mate.

That's just how it's always been. Egotistical individuals end up underperforming because their inflated ego gets in the way of a good performance. Likewise, a tough exam is underestimated and undermined.
Original post by honour

63 for an A is quite high for an A actually, usually it's 61-62. First you say 59-62 is an A then you said it's 63. Make up your mind because that's quite a variation.

No, that's not what I said. Learn to read. I said 59-62 is likely to be an A. I can't give a number but i'd probably put my estimate at 61 simply because of resits. Edexcel grade boundaries arent quite responsive to difficulty with C1 and C2 usually.

I said that if someone guesses that they got 63, then thats probably an A. Below that and then it's risky.
"easiest paper ever" alright mate.

That's just how it's always been. Egotistical individuals end up underperforming because their inflated ego gets in the way of a good performance. Likewise, a tough exam is underestimated and undermined.

Everyone coming out of the exam hall in my college was saying that - read my post carefully alright mate.

"Egotistical individuals end up underperforming because their inflated ego gets in the way of a good performance." Proof please? No one's asking for your subjective opinion based on what you personally went through.
No, that's not what I said. Learn to read. I said 59-62 is likely to be an A. I can't give a number but i'd probably put my estimate at 61 simply because of resits. Edexcel grade boundaries arent quite responsive to difficulty with C1 and C2 usually.

I said that if someone guesses that they got 63, then thats probably an A. Below that and then it's risky.

So you're saying the minimum mark for A could be 59, 60, 61, 62, 63. Very precise, I like it. I reckon a minimum for A is somewhere between 1-75 marks. :smile:
Original post by honour
Everyone coming out of the exam hall in my college was saying that - read my post carefully alright mate.

"Egotistical individuals end up underperforming because their inflated ego gets in the way of a good performance." Proof please? No one's asking for your subjective opinion based on what you personally went through.

And you agree with that, you're everyone, right?

How does one prove such a statement? Basic logic states that if someone is arrogant and cocky, they'll end up underachieving. If you cant see this then i worry for you.
And you agree with that, you're everyone, right?

How does one prove such a statement? Basic logic states that if someone is arrogant and cocky, they'll end up underachieving. If you cant see this then i worry for you.

At what point did I say I agree? Stop assuming lawl

"logic" lol alight Mr Psychologist.

Unless you've come up with a way to measure people's egoism and tracked their grades for the past few years, This "logic" of yours is absolute boolsheit
Original post by honour
So you're saying the minimum mark for A could be 59, 60, 61, 62, 63. Very precise, I like it. I reckon a minimum for A is somewhere between 1-75 marks. :smile:

Erm no, 59-62 for the simple fact that grade boundaries are impossible to predict however from my earlier post you can imply that its at the higher end of the scale. My post is written for critically able students not arrogant retards.

As I said, it seems like youre incapable of reading, but from my judgement, if someone did get 63 that would be a safe A. That wouldnt mean it's the grade boundary. And given that ive had to explain this three times I can see why you'd also think it's easy.
Erm no, 59-62 for the simple fact that grade boundaries are impossible to predict however from my earlier post you can imply that its at the higher end of the scale. My post is written for critically able students not arrogant retards.

As I said, it seems like youre incapable of reading, but from my judgement, if someone did get 63 that would be a safe A. That wouldnt mean it's the grade boundary. And given that ive had to explain this three times I can see why you'd also think it's easy.

Wtf that's like saying 75/75 is a safe A. Grade boundaries change from each year for a reason - they change because of the varying difficulty of the papers. That's the point of making assumptions of grade boundaries, based on how difficult you found the papers.

Your posts make no real assumptions about this year's grade boundaries. If you say they're unpredictable, then you're clearly not certain about how difficult this year's papers were. And I'm sitting here at midnight wasting my precious sleep time on someone who knows no more than any other student who sat the exam.

Good night to you too.
Original post by honour
Wtf that's like saying 75/75 is a safe A. Grade boundaries change from each year for a reason - they change because of the varying difficulty of the papers. That's the point of making assumptions of grade boundaries, based on how difficult you found the papers.

Your posts make no real assumptions about this year's grade boundaries. If you say they're unpredictable, then you're clearly not certain about how difficult this year's papers were. And I'm sitting here at midnight wasting my precious sleep time on someone who knows no more than any other student who sat the exam.

Good night to you too.

That's just my personal estimate mate. Don't be so stupid, once again any critically minded person will take it with a pinch of salt but im just reassuring any anxious people that from my opinion, a 63 is safe.

No, ofc im not ****ing certain im just making an educated guess, that is once again something thats obvious. You're kind of proving my theory that stupid arrogant people find exams easy.
It was a fairly easy paper I think its going a bit far to say easiest ever. I think its highly probable that you need 63 for an A. 62 seems to low and 64 seems a bit strict.

anyway.I had myself on 70 ish so probs 67 so I got an A grade there but I don't think it will be a strong A grade. Given the circumstances though its amazing I got an A grade and not a U.

basically I had big anxiety fits in the exam.

long story but

I really really really really really really hate the left wing. Yes that is related long story, short bit of it is basically a do gooder left winger deliberately went to great lengths to pick on me to try and ruin my grades with the sole intention of that so that I cant get into Warwick university because I had said in jest that I want to go into trading and apparently that means I am responsible for starving kids in Africa now so it makes him a good person for trying to ruin my life.

Always get this sort of **** from the left wing.
That's just my personal estimate mate. Don't be so stupid, once again any critically minded person will take it with a pinch of salt but im just reassuring any anxious people that from my opinion, a 63 is safe.

No, ofc im not ****ing certain im just making an educated guess, that is once again something thats obvious. You're kind of proving my theory that stupid arrogant people find exams easy.

lol you're not suggesting anything. Any teacher would know 63 is a safe A even if they haven't taken the exam. Why? Because it's been like that for the past 5 years since 2012 buddy.

Again, when did I explicitly say I found the exam easy? Stop trying to read minds kiddo.

If you don't mind, I'd like to end this futile conversation here. I have a life to get on with. You probably don't - but that's okay :smile:
Original post by Luke7456

basically I had big anxiety fits in the exam.

long story but

I really really really really really really hate the left wing. Yes that is related long story, short bit of it is basically a do gooder left winger deliberately went to great lengths to pick on me to try and ruin my grades with the sole intention of that so that I cant get into Warwick university because I had said in jest that I want to go into trading and apparently that means I am responsible for starving kids in Africa now so it makes him a good person for trying to ruin my life.

Always get this sort of **** from the left wing.

Yeah seems like bullsh*t. Doesnt change the fact that you flopped FP1 tho lool
I wouldn't be surprised if 65 was an A (not saying i think it will be 65). There was NOTHING out of the ordinary, everything was repeated from past papers (i did every past paper since 2005 and all the international, R ones)
I also wouldnt be surprised if it was 59 for an A. June 2015 was easy and that was 59 for an A.
So basically anything from 59-65 is my guess. you just cannot predict them perfectly!
Edexcel aren't afraid of high boundaries. There have been some modules in the past that have been 69 for an A.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply