The Student Room Group

Medical University Of Pleven 2018/2019 , Bulgaria

Hey Guys, Got a conditional offer to start in Pleven Medical University in Feb 2018 with the assumptions I'll get 50% in an newly introduced entrance exam. Just starting a thread to get Talking to any other students heading out there ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why not go to one in the UK?
Reply 2
hey did you have to sit an entrance exam?
Hi do you mind me asking how you found the application procedure? Did you go through an agency? and why Pleven over Sofia or Trakia? I'm only asking because my son is looking to apply next year and we are thinking of heading over with him in the autumn to have a look around the university but not sure what the advantages between them all
Reply 4
Original post by Sepas
hey did you have to sit an entrance exam?

I have to
In September
Thanks for replying when do you head out there? Have you sorted out an apartment or are you staying in halls?
Reply 6
Original post by Justthejob
Thanks for replying when do you head out there? Have you sorted out an apartment or are you staying in halls?

Well I have to sit an exam in London in September but it is relatively easy - in the mean time I'm legalising my documents etc. I haven't sorted accommodation yet - will do closer to time and will head out the end of January to start in February
Reply 7
Original post by JKelly1992
Well I have to sit an exam in London in September but it is relatively easy - in the mean time I'm legalising my documents etc. I haven't sorted accommodation yet - will do closer to time and will head out the end of January to start in February

Hi, I have been wanting to apply for pleven as well. Will be using the agent medical doorway but my agent hasn't told me about this entrance exam. How are you going to prepare for it? Plus accommodation is worrying me too.
Reply 8
Original post by 4lih4
Hi, I have been wanting to apply for pleven as well. Will be using the agent medical doorway but my agent hasn't told me about this entrance exam. How are you going to prepare for it? Plus accommodation is worrying me too.

The entrance exams is pretty simple from the look of it - it is basic biology and chemistry so I guess if you can't score 50% In it then we don't deserve to be there haha. Medical
Doorway can
Help
With accommodation I think :smile:
Reply 9
The entrance exams is pretty simple from the look of it - it is basic biology and chemistry so I guess if you can't score 50% In it then we don't deserve to be there haha. Medical
Doorway can
Help
With accommodation I think :smile:

Hahaha I think you are right we should be able to pass it. It's just that I am a gap year student so I can't remember half of the stuff I learnt fully. Will need to read over my a-levels notes. :colondollar:
Hey Guys, Got a conditional offer to start in Pleven Medical University in Feb 2018 with the assumptions I'll get 50% in an newly introduced entrance exam. Just starting a thread to get Talking to any other students heading out there ?

Was wondering what type of grades the university looks for i am just about to start year 13 this year. I have been predicted C's in biology, chemistry and maths.
Original post by suyoggrg
Was wondering what type of grades the university looks for i am just about to start year 13 this year. I have been predicted C's in biology, chemistry and maths.

They require B's generally in Biology and Chemistry, maybe they will accept you with C's too.
Hi there I am actually also considering to apply for Pleven for 2018 entry. I am a Scottish student with AAABBBB in my highers and BD in my Advanced highers. I am in my final year of my undergrad degree in biomed. What are my chances of getting in pleven because they have only stated BBB in A Levels but I have done highers so wasn't sure if I meet their requirement. Any help I would really appreciate thanks
Reply 13
Hi guys, does anyone know what it's like to apply to fy2 places once we graduate from Pleven? Because we graduate with an internship year done - this grants us a provisional GMC licence meaning that we will not be able to apply for fy1 places like normal graduates from UK Medical Schools. This means that we would have to apply directly to f2 placements, but as far as I know, f2 places are linked to f1 and they are v rare to find.

So my question is, how do we go about getting full GMC qualification in order to enter specialty training when it is v difficult to even obtain an f2 placement?
Reply 14
Hey guys! Like most of you out here, it's a whole new place for me too. One thing I am worried about is accommodation.apparently it's better to stay in apartments rather than the hostels. I prefer having roommates.. So if there's anyone who is pretty much in the same situation as I am, let me know.
Reply 15
Original post by gum1941
Hi guys, does anyone know what it's like to apply to fy2 places once we graduate from Pleven? Because we graduate with an internship year done - this grants us a provisional GMC licence meaning that we will not be able to apply for fy1 places like normal graduates from UK Medical Schools. This means that we would have to apply directly to f2 placements, but as far as I know, f2 places are linked to f1 and they are v rare to find.

So my question is, how do we go about getting full GMC qualification in order to enter specialty training when it is v difficult to even obtain an f2 placement?

Hi there,
I have applied there as as well and I have been advised by the agent that we have to apply for FY1 and do that again. But I will advise that we need to research this more to be sure
Hey guys I'm also going to pleven in feb 2018 was wondering if you wanted to make a group chat on WhatsApp so we can meet each other PM me your numbers if your interested: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73863338#post73863338
(edited 6 years ago)
hey , i'm going to sit the entrance exam on the 28th october 2017 in london . would anyone know where id get the answers to the entrance exam sample papers?
Are there any Zimbabwean or African people applying to Pleven for feb 2018 entry?
(edited 6 years ago)

hey , ive been given a conditional offer stating that i can start in feb 2018 if i pass the entrance exam on the 28th october 2017 in london. so they gave me past paper questions titled : sample test (number) 2016" but they never gave me the answers. and i was wandering if anyone has them or knows where i can get them - i've tried googling the questions but nothing is coming up .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending