The Student Room Group

The Irreparably Hopeful Ambitions of A Girl With No Followers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fchowdhury1303
I get what you mean - quite a lot of my desk at home is full of my resources, and whenever I revise, I more often than not end up with a whole pile of used paper that I won't touch again, and my pens everywhere. I think sorting it out is a bit like hitting the refresh button on your laptop - when your stagnating a little bit, you need a change of the mood to get you back into revision mode.

Yeah - the second one isn't for everyone - but with hoe amazing social media is these days, I and I'm sore a lot of others, can easily get side tracked when we do a quick check of facebook and everything else. It was a safe bet not to put it there as I don't want to encourage people to keep getting sidetracked.

And the last one - YOU NEED TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. I honestly can't stress this enough. Last when, my revision sessions didn't have enough breaks and I suffered as a result. I used to skip several [maybe all] meals a day, did not have anywhere near enough water, I was really tired all day, couldn't concentrate and had a headache all day long. I would stay up in my room all day long, and wouldn't get out of the house or talk to friends [which did strain a few friendships].
I really mean it when I say looking after yourself is in your best interests
So I'm really glad to see [and assume] that you are on the same side for having water, snacks and going outdoors.
I get the music thing too - but when you have a big family like mine, you never get any peace and quiet - so you need something to help down everything out. For me, this is my music. And when I need a quick refreshment, I put something that will motivate me on, or I would get distracted with whatever argument is going on. But for other people, they might just completely forget about the work as the music is too good.
This is just a list of suggestions as I know lots of people tend to get sidetracked on their breaks.

Hope this helps and motivates you do some of the taking care of yourself [even though you consider yourself lazy] and that you have a fantabulous day,
Fabs xxx

I agree with you! On all points really. I'm quite lucky in revision as I don't seem to get headaches or have other problems that physically/physiologically distract me from studying when I need to. I find yeah when you get tired or bored the best thing to do is to take a break and come back to it a little while later. Oh yeah, skipping meals or hydration is not a good idea. I am glad to say it's something I never do and can't as my parents would tell me off! Family does help in a big way I guess, just take it for granted.
Hey everyone - sorry for being inactive last night.
I was [and still am] really ill and just couldn't get out of bed after a long night of revising for today's AQA AS Biology Paper 2 exam - something that I am not looking forward to ...

Hoping this exam goes well for everyone taking it,
Fabs xxx
Original post by Zeying
Looking forward to more posts from you Fab c: good luck on your exams!

Thanks Zeying - so glad you enjoy the blog and hope you get your digital art one started soon

Fabs xxx
Original post by tamil fever
Fav Doctor is David Tennant-can act really well and his story lines were original and new or Peter Capaldi bc he's cool nowadays
Fav companion-Martha and Jenna Coleman.

fav villains-Daleks,Cybermen,weeping angels and The Ood,The Master and the silence
but if it was 2 it would be Daleks and the master

Oh my gosh - how could I forget about Martha?! She is hands-down the most underrated companion ever. Like, who else could save the doctor by performing cpr on him???
Peter Capaldi is a great doctor - what do you think of this series so far? I think it's his last one at Doctor 12.
I'll give it to you - the Daleks are probs the best in terms of fear factor - like the episode where 27 planets get taken [Donna's last episode :frown:] And the Master is definitely the best villain in terms of story line. What do youthink about the Matser becoming Missy? I really like Missy's character - and after the last episode, I'm really interested in her plotline.
Original post by prazzyjazzy
You're a Godsend. Your blog graphics are so pleasing, even though I won't get half the stuff on the list and I'll lose the other half.

Awwww - thank you @prazzyjazzy . I'll be posting some more soon. Tell me what you think of them.

Fabs xxx
Reply 45
The Irreparably Hopeful Ambitions of A Girl With No Followers

Let's just get this off my chest first and foremost - I honestly do not expect this post or any of the subsequent posts to be read by anyone.
This is going to be a blog that logs my journey from a Yr 12 student who is not happy with the progress she is making towards [and is definitely not happy with the way exams are going] being a Yr 13 student who will hopefully be ecstatic come results day.

But if there is anyone who is reading this post, or following this blog -
Hi!
How are you?
The name is Fabiha, but you can call me Fabs.
If this was a real convo, as in face to face, there'd be a lull right about now as my not so developed social skills have no idea what to say or do.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - this blog.
This blog is going to be a bit of everything. I'll be blogging about my life as a Sixth Form Student; any revision hints and tips; comment on current world events and I'll answer pretty much any question that gets thrown my way.

I think that's everything I needed to say to get this blog started - and on the off chance that anyone is reading this, throw any questions you have my way.

Wishing everyone a fantabulous day,
Fabs xxx

💚🙌
A Little Bit About Me:

I AM COMPLETELY OBSESSED WITH DOCTOR WHO

Same!
Not too happy with Missy being back in it though.
Original post by Ua3142
💚🙌

Hi
Thanks for taking a look at this blog, and glad to see you're liking it - loving the hands-up emoji.

Hope you have a fantabulous day,
Fabs xxx
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
Same!
Not too happy with Missy being back in it though.

Are you not? I am really liking the character development going on right now - it's really interesting after that last scene.

Would you mind saying why you're not happy with Missy being back?

Fabs xxx
Reply 49
Break - 2.png

Attachment not found

This is very useful thank you! I already do most the things on that list and they work so might try a few more :h:.

I dont have candles in my room but turning on an air freshener is pretty much the same thing

*cough cough* 2 followers
Are you not? I am really liking the character development going on right now - it's really interesting after that last scene.

Would you mind saying why you're not happy with Missy being back?

Fabs xxx

I just find her so annoying, and she's a pain in the arse!
Original post by kiiten
This is very useful thank you! I already do most the things on that list and they work so might try a few more :h:.

I dont have candles in my room but turning on an air freshener is pretty much the same thing

*cough cough* 2 followers

I glad you find it helpful :smile:
Yeah - with the candles, you've gotta be safe cos its a safety hazard.

[I know, I know ... I only recently started going on TSR actively though I've had the account for a while]

Hope you have a good day,
Fabs xxx
I just find her so annoying, and she's a pain in the arse!

I get you - when she first became Missy, something just seemed off with her Character - I didn't feel like she was as bad, or as complex, as the master should've been
I get you - when she first became Missy, something just seemed off with her Character - I didn't feel like she was as bad, or as complex, as the master should've been

I'm hoping the next Doctor is someone like Matt Smith or David Tennent
Hey Fabs, I am doing similar As 's as you. However, I am doing Further Maths instead of Spanish. Although I must say you did really well in your GCSEs.
Yes, I also love doctor who.
I'm hoping the next Doctor is someone like Matt Smith or David Tennent

I don't know what the new doctor is going to be like personality-wise - but I've heard that he is going to be played by that guy from Love Actually - the one that goes abroad to hook up with people.

I think his name is Kris Marshall - but don't take my word for it - I will try and get the article that I saw this on up for you all.

Is it just me, or was anybody else a teeny bit disappointed that the doctor still hasb't been a girl yet?

Love to know your thoughts,

Fabs xxx
I don't know what the new doctor is going to be like personality-wise - but I've heard that he is going to be played by that guy from Love Actually - the one that goes abroad to hook up with people.

I think his name is Kris Marshall - but don't take my word for it - I will try and get the article that I saw this on up for you all.

Is it just me, or was anybody else a teeny bit disappointed that the doctor still hasb't been a girl yet?

Love to know your thoughts,

Fabs xxx

I don't know.
Whoever it is, I want them to have a brilliant sense of humour.
Maybe that'll distract me from Sunday morning
Original post by student004
Hey Fabs, I am doing similar As 's as you. However, I am doing Further Maths instead of Spanish. Although I must say you did really well in your GCSEs.
Yes, I also love doctor who.

Oh My Gosh - another person doing 5 AS levels! Whenever I mention this, people tend to think I'm crazy or something.
I was thinking about doing FM - but I had all of the sciences, and I feel like having studied a MFL at AS would make me stand out when applying for Uni - particularly the ones that offer a year abroad in their courses, so I'd feel comfortable going somewher like Spain, or anywhere in Latin America apart from Brazil ...

Just out of curiosity, what got you to choose 5 subjects?

[edit - and thanks for the compliments about GCSE. AND ANOTHER AMAZING DW FAN!!!!]

Fabs xx
(edited 6 years ago)
Right everyone, I've gotta go now as I have my lessons and then the exam.

See you all soon,
Fabs xxx
Oh my gosh - how could I forget about Martha?! She is hands-down the most underrated companion ever. Like, who else could save the doctor by performing cpr on him???
Peter Capaldi is a great doctor - what do you think of this series so far? I think it's his last one at Doctor 12.
I'll give it to you - the Daleks are probs the best in terms of fear factor - like the episode where 27 planets get taken [Donna's last episode :frown:] And the Master is definitely the best villain in terms of story line. What do youthink about the Matser becoming Missy? I really like Missy's character - and after the last episode, I'm really interested in her plotline.

I really like the character of Missy and the story line for doctor who gets better and better.I think they are doing really well.But what I find weird is that Missy likes Doctor...Can u believe it?The Master liking Doctor....And whats even weird is River Song and Amelia Pond.Like wtf?How is that her child.....And River Song and the Doctor are together....Literally Amelia and Rory were just meh characters...They weren't as important as all the other companions..But it was still good.

Do u remember those episodes when the lights would go out one by one and if that skeleton thingy touched u,u died?I really liked those episodes.

Oh btw good luck for u exam...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending