The Student Room Group

Who is a home student?

Hey guys,
I will be apply to study at University this year, for entry in the year 2018. I would have been resident here for 5 years by that time. I am currently on a visa, so will I be considered a home or overseas student?
Thank you for your replies in advance.
Original post by joshchamp125
Hey guys,
I will be apply to study at University this year, for entry in the year 2018. I would have been resident here for 5 years by that time. I am currently on a visa, so will I be considered a home or overseas student?
Thank you for your replies in advance.

Are you EEA or non EEA?

If you are EEA then you are ok.
If you are non, then do you have settled status i.e indefinite leave to remain or the right to stay here as long as you like.

The cut off point is 1 Sept on the year the course starts.
Original post by 999tigger
Are you EEA or non EEA?

If you are EEA then you are ok.
If you are non, then do you have settled status i.e indefinite leave to remain or the right to stay here as long as you like.

The cut off point is 1 Sept on the year the course starts.

I am non EEA, and I will have to get a student visa to study here, as my parents will be going back so I will be back here. I don't think I have ILR as my parents will have to go back next year.
Original post by joshchamp125
I am non EEA, and I will have to get a student visa to study here, as my parents will be going back so I will be back here. I don't think I have ILR as my parents will have to go back next year.

You can only apply if you have settled status i.e you can stay here as long as you like, just as if you were a UK national. Indefinite leave to remain would be an example of this. Without settled status, then you arent entitled to access student loans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending