The Student Room Group

Lying about living out on student finance

If I lived at home for university, and claimed on my student finance that i was living out, would they check? or do i just get more money? Because I know people who lived out and obviously put it down but never got checked. I'm just curious about how this system works.
They check a lot of students now. Particularly if your home address is close to your university. A lot of students are asked to provide their rental agreements for their term time accommodation
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
They check a lot of students now. Particularly if your home address is close to your university. A lot of students are asked to provide their rental agreements for their term time accommodation

Where is the proof of this? I have lived in accommodation before and I was never asked to prove anything.
Original post by albayati
Where is the proof of this? I have lived in accommodation before and I was never asked to prove anything.

I work at a university. We have to deal with the students who need proof to send off.

The selection of who is asked for proof is random but seems to be more and more each year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending