The Student Room Group

Have you travelled to any different countries? Which ones?

Scroll to see replies

Ireland
Spain
Portugal
America
Barbados
St lucia
Egypt
France
UK
France (5)
Spain (5+, including Camino de Santiago)
Portugal (1)
Italy (2)
Hungary (1)
Czech Republic (2)
Germany (1)
Netherlands (2)
Belgium (2)
Norway (1)
Iceland (1)
Cyprus (1)
Turkey (1)
Greece (1)
Morocco (1)
USA (2 - NYC and east coast)
Canada (2 - Toronto and northern British Colombia)
Tanzania (1, for 8 weeks)
Uganda
Kenya
Nepal (1, for 10 weeks)
Thailand (1, for 6 weeks)
New Zealand (1)
St Kitts and Nevis (3)
South Africa (for the world cup)

Some of the central European ones were for only 24 hours or less as part of inter-railing.

I did have a long 'wish list' but tbh my travel bug has been replaced with more of a 'hiking bug' and ideas like long trips to China and Antarctica have been replaced with moderate length returns to Spain and Italy, as well as hiking in the UK.
(edited 6 years ago)
Spain multiple times
Egypt multiple times
Turkey
Morocco
Dubai
Thailand
Singapore
Malaysia
India
Greece
Italy
France
Switzerland
Scotland
Wales
America
- Would love to go to all the Scandanavian countries, Thailand again, Peru (see the Nazca Lines) and maybe somewhere cold like Lapland.
Original post by jacobosborne
Impressive! What countries would you like to add to the list?

Would love to go to Algeria, Peru, Canada, Indonesia, Japan and Bolivia.
I've been nowhere outside Europe (been to France, Wales, Corsica, Spain, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland) - I'd love to visit further afield :smile:
1. UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
2. Ireland
3. France
4. Spain
5. Portugal
6. Italy
7. Germany
8. Greece
9. Czech Republic
10. Belgium
11. Netherlands
12. Finland
13. Norway
14. Iceland
15. Denmark
16. Croatia
17. Turkey
18. Austria
19. India
20. South Africa
21. Paraguay
22. Brasil
23. USA
24. Cyprus
25. Tunisia
26. Poland

And I think that's it. I love to travel and have been so lucky to be able to go to lots of places already, with many more left to see or indeed to re-visit! Many of those places I've been to over and over again, some just the once. My next two holidays will be to visit new parts of Portugal and Iceland that I never got to explore properly on other occasions.
(edited 6 years ago)
UK (all countries)
France
Belgium
Netherlands
Germany
Austria
Spain
Bonaire
Aruba
I've been to Sweden 4 times, as well as the Netherlands and France.
I've been to (lived in number 1 and 2):
1. Cambodia
2. UK
3. Thailand
4. Vietnam
5. Singapore
6. Australia
7. France
8. Belgium
9. Switzerland
10. Germany
11. Austria
12. Liechtenstein
13. Italy
14. Hungary
15. Czech Republic
16. Slovakia

Probably some others I can't remember XD

I think I've been pretty lucky to have been able to travel a lot but as you see all my travelling pretty much evolves around Europe and Asia (basically because my family only has money to travel to countries close by XD ok Thailand doesn't sound close by but when you're living in Cambodia, it's pretty much next door).

I mostly travel between the UK and Cambodia - like 95% of all the travelling I've taken in my life have involved plane journeys of 12 hours+ (plus you can't fly direct from UK to Cambodia I cry)
Have travelled to two countries in my life yet, namely Denmark and France. Does countries in which I was driven through counts as well? if so, two another ones can be added, namely Belgium and the Netherlands.
Original post by charles dickens
(...)

hoping to go japan this year :smile:

Hope to go to Japan in my life anyway. I would love to travel to this country without coming back.
Original post by Kallisto
Hope to go to Japan in my life anyway. I would love to travel to this country without coming back.

lool same
hk, iceland, aus, nz :moon:
Reply 113
Italy, France, America (NYC), England

I hope to go to Madagascar and Australia!😃
Original post by shadowdweller
For those of you with the travel bug, how many countries have you travelled to, if any? And are there any you'd like to go to?

I've been to quite a few in Europe, an further afield China and New York (in a couple of days, anyway), but I'd absolutely love to go to Japan one day!
That poll has really given this thread some attention now that it went up on the sidebar.

I would be surprised if this didn't make hall of fame.:rave:
Three, if you count Scotland and Wales as being separate countries and not lumped together under the umbrella of the UK. The other is Thailand (I have family there). My dream is to visit France given I speak French - I am studying it at A Level.
France, Mauritius, Seychelles, obviously live in England, Germany, Norway, Canada, US, Switzerland, Holland, Portugal, Dubai, Scotland, Ireland. I've lived in three different countries.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by charles dickens
lool same

If so, you have surely think about to learn the language. I have again and again, but it is not the right moment of time for now.
England, Wales, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Turkey and Cyprus.

All nice countries with their own rich history and culture, honestly if you have the funds for a road trip around Europe, I would definitely recommend it:smile:
Reply 119
UK, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Mauritius, Seychelles, Canada, Tunisia.

Planning to visit Poland in September. Next year I want to visit USA, Sweden and Thailand.

Quick Reply

Latest