The Student Room Group

Potential Lawyer - Too old?

Hey,

Quick question for you guys who will know alot regarding this subject I hope in some way you can relate and give me some advice. I'm currently 20 and looking to apply for uni possibly Sept 2009 when I will be 22.

In the mean time I am studying Law A-level this year (may take on English too) and will do another two subjects next year finally achieving (if all goes well) 4 A's. I currently have 2 A-levels (product design and art - grades C & D) and 140 points. This is not enough and I want to go to a well respected univeristy to study Law.

However, after all this I may have the academic qualifications but by the time I graduate I will be 25/26 - will I be too old to give this career a proper go and make it a success when graduating at an older age?

I'd appreciate your advice, thanks
Reply 1
Hello

You're certainly not too old at all. One of my friends graduated from Guildford last year at the age of 27 and he's got a trainee solictor's role ready for next year so it can still be done :smile:

Good luck.
Reply 2
Not at all - one my course there are some people in their mid 30s!:smile:
Reply 3
Thanks guys that's a big boost :smile:
Reply 4
unfortunatly you have to be under 21 for a career in law.
Reply 5
These posts make me feel like Im past it.;rip;

Im 28 does that mean Im a walking corpse?
Reply 6
^^ no, theres like 30 year olds doing A levels in our college....
Reply 7
cloder

Oh, shut up! There is no age restriction. No matter how old you are Law is open to you. If you have experience and are motivated to do well then you will get a training contract. Firms want students who are talented and chose people based on merit and not age, race, etc...
Reply 8
Mos Def
^^ no, theres like 30 year olds doing A levels in our college....

My god they must be dropping dead like flies!!:wink:
Reply 9
Haha sorry you know how it is, the old bones starting to creak!

cloder

And spell, looks like we're both out :wink:
Reply 10
holeysock
These posts make me feel like Im past it.;rip;

Im 28 does that mean Im a walking corpse?

Are you at uni holey? If so what are you studying?
Reply 11
Shun
Are you at uni holey? If so what are you studying?

Not yet Im doing access pt at the mo & I dont know exactly what Im gonna do yet. Better get my skates on tho. Im doing maths & chemistry for my subjects & human bio gcse.

Hows about yourself - you at uni?

Oops just realised you r the op!!

In all seriousness, youre never too old to do what you want & I think most employers see more life experience as a big bonus esp in law I reckon.

Go for it if thats what you wanna do.

Latest

Trending

Trending