The Student Room Group

I don't want my gf to talk about me much to her friends?

I'm a very secretive/private person. I'm not suspicious, and I really have nothing in particular to hide, but the idea of my gf telling her friends (people who I don't even know very well) some intimate and personal details about me is kind of upsetting.

Some girls will talk about how good/bad their bf is in bed and the size of his penis, and I'm like "wtf?". Sex is very private. I might as well have it in public if my gf is going to tell her friends every conceivable detail about it. I don't want her friends to know more about me than the government does already. (I hate this new surveillance trend too, btw)

Am I alone in this?

It doesn't seem like she'd be the kind of girl who'd do this, but it still worries me.
Ha! Good luck with that one. LOL.

Its perfectly normal for girls to discuss this. Get used to it.
Original post by tapir
I'm a very secretive/private person. I'm not suspicious, and I really have nothing in particular to hide, but the idea of my gf telling her friends (people who I don't even know very well) some intimate and personal details about me is kind of upsetting.

Some girls will talk about how good/bad their bf is in bed and the size of his penis, and I'm like "wtf?". Sex is very private. I might as well have it in public if my gf is going to tell her friends every conceivable detail about it. I don't want her friends to know more about me than the government does already. (I hate this new surveillance trend too, btw)

Am I alone in this?

It doesn't seem like she'd be the kind of girl who'd do this, but it still worries me.

Not wanting details about your sex life to leak out is a reasonable request. But if your demand for privacy stretches as far as not wanting her friends to know if you two go on a nice dinner or a trip then that's a bit too much.
Reply 3
Original post by Rover73
Ha! Good luck with that one. LOL.

Its perfectly normal for girls to discuss this. Get used to it.
I'm not so sure people were always this open about their sex life before. It might be even very recent when it was normalized.

If don't like the idea of it, how can I voice this? I don't expect her to not say ANYTHING about me, but not EVERYTHING. I'm pretty sure my gf would be very upset and probably dump me if I sent nudes of her to my friends, but for some reason it's okay for them to talk about my sex life or other really personal stuff?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tapir
I'm not so sure people were always this open about their sex life before. It might be even very recent when it was normalized.

If don't like the idea of it, how can I voice this? I don't expect her to not say ANYTHING about me, but not EVERYTHING. I'm pretty sure my gf would be very upset and probably dump me if I sent nudes of her to my friends, but for some reason it's okay for them to talk about my sex life or other really personal stuff?

ik how you feel. people are hypocrites about this the majority of the time. i strayed from a girl because she showed this kind of "tell me friends everything" behaviour.
Reply 5
Original post by Ratach
Not wanting details about your sex life to leak out is a reasonable request. But if your demand for privacy stretches as far as not wanting her friends to know if you two go on a nice dinner or a trip then that's a bit too much.
Yeah, I don't think that would be unreasonable. Prior to this, I never had a gf. I feel so open and exposed- and vulnerable. I'm so used to being mysterious and people not knowing much about me.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by tapir
Yeah, I don't think that would be unreasonable. Prior to this, I never had a gf. I feel so open and exposed- and vulnerable.

I can assure you that sharing so many details about sex is NOT the norm. My boyfriend and I never share such intimate details to people, and neither do any couples I know of. That said, you girlfriend may deserve the benefit of the doubt depending on the circumstances. How long have you been dating? How serious is your relationship? Was she a virgin/inexperienced when you got together? It may be just that she is overly excited about having a sex life and wants to share this with her friends. I remember I was more open about it as well in the beginning of my relationship; I drew the line when we officially started calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend.
Original post by tapir
Yeah, I don't think that would be unreasonable. Prior to this, I never had a gf. I feel so open and exposed- and vulnerable. I'm so used to being mysterious and people not knowing much about me.

I feel the same, it'd be good to get something from a girl's perspective, like the stuff they talk about. I'm not in a relationship atm but with guy friends we never discussed intimate details, only stuff like she was good/bad in bed, she is fit etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending