The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I would have said A-levels, but if you're determined to not take maths/any science that'll probably rule you out of a lot of universities. I would expect a well taught IT forensics degree to be fairly maths heavy (encryption, lots of very detailed networking stuff, etc) and therefore want A-level maths, but I dunno.

I guess you'll be better off with the BTEC National Diploma if you really don't want to do maths/science, at least you can get into a few decent universities that way.
Definitely A-Levels, I did a BTEC with maths AS, and really wish I did full a levels. Especially if you want to do Computer Science or similar at University, A2 maths is a must, believe me.
Reply 3
xeonman9000
Definitely A-Levels, I did a BTEC with maths AS, and really wish I did full a levels. Especially if you want to do Computer Science or similar at University, A2 maths is a must, believe me.

i cant do a level maths because i didnt gt high enough grades at a-lvl.

so im stuck with a levels that r non ict related and pointless. so i think the btec sounds good
Reply 4
anyone?
Reply 5
Its your choice.
unless you want to go to a top uni do alevels, if not do the btec, its far more computer related and if you enjoy computing / IT it will suit you better :tongue:

hope that helps

Latest

Trending

Trending