The Student Room Group

Feel inexperienced for apprenticeships.

Hi people, I need advice. So I just came out of college with D*D*D* in Btec Level 3 ICT, however I feel like I learnt nothing from the BTEC and the structure of it was to look up information and put it into my own words.

Now, I'm not really sold on Uni and I'm taking a gap year. However, for apprenticeships I feel inexperienced going in as I'm sure they'll expect basic knowledge right? I need advice
Original post by SeanJ99
Hi people, I need advice. So I just came out of college with D*D*D* in Btec Level 3 ICT, however I feel like I learnt nothing from the BTEC and the structure of it was to look up information and put it into my own words.

Now, I'm not really sold on Uni and I'm taking a gap year. However, for apprenticeships I feel inexperienced going in as I'm sure they'll expect basic knowledge right? I need advice

Your feelings and insecurities about jobs is the main reason why it's important to do work experience because how are you supposed to know anything until you actually go out there and try?!
Understandably you are still young and in the process of getting to know the real (adult) world.

Well as the saying goes, you have to start somewhere right?
Also the world is your oyster. :yes:
Reply 2
Original post by Boreism
Your feelings and insecurities about jobs is the main reason why it's important to do work experience because how are you supposed to know anything until you actually go out there and try?!
Understandably you are still young and in the process of getting to know the real (adult) world.

Well as the saying goes, you have to start somewhere right?
Also the world is your oyster. :yes:

So what are you implying I do?
Original post by SeanJ99
So what are you implying I do?

Have you thought about volunteering?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending