keep motivating me guys , need your support

NO WAY! That is amazing!! Congrats!
Reply 24
Original post by chickenfajitas
NO WAY! That is amazing!! Congrats!

Thanks
Reply 25
24/08/2017

ANY tips how to handle work pressure and time management. these are two things that i struggled most

nothing special .....same routine ........
my college will open on 5 September by the way.
Good job! You've done really well. Just keep going, there's more to come :colone:
Reply 27
Original post by Amefish
Good job! You've done really well. Just keep going, there's more to come :colone:

Thanks....I really appreciate people like you who keeps us motivated.
Original post by Qer
Thanks....I really appreciate people like you who keeps us motivated.

I'll give you some quick tips on work load pressure and time management tomorrow - I only just saw your post and I'm really exhausted at the moment! Good luck though for your first day of college, you'll love it as long as you put your mind to it and don't get too distracted by the social side :tongue:
Reply 29
Original post by Amefish
I'll give you some quick tips on work load pressure and time management tomorrow - I only just saw your post and I'm really exhausted at the moment! Good luck though for your first day of college, you'll love it as long as you put your mind to it and don't get too distracted by the social side :tongue:

I hope you will reply, very soon
Original post by Qer
I hope you will reply, very soon

Sorry about that - thanks for the reminder! In terms of dealing with the workload, it's really not so bad if you split things up into small, manageable sections. If you're working through revision systematically, it always works to have a tick list of sections you need to revise and go over. If you make sure the sections are small then you can tick them off faster, which will give you a better sense of achievement and really helps you track your progress.

Workload is always more manageable if you have fun with it, so get yourself interested, find some revision techniques that you (somewhat) enjoy, maybe even join a study group to help you work. Make sure that you actually study though, don't just chat the whole time :tongue:

The best thing to help with time management is definitely making a revision timetable. This is a really good TSR app to help you plan out your revision and study sessions, and it helps to prioritise different subjects or modules nearer test or exam dates.
Reply 31
28/08/2017

don't know why in holidays i made my routine to study late night and wasting a whole day . I am getting worried about it
i do this because whenever i tried to study in morning i get distracted ....because my little brother always makes noise which irritates me, sometimes I try to ignore but i can't study in noises, sometimes i get angry on him and sometimes on myself( lol). so i decided to wake up in the night so that i get silence but i feel too sleepy in nights .feels like only 50% of my brain is working as compared in morning.

so holidays are going to over and i have to get serious now. GUYS, FROM NOW I WILL ALSO KEEP UPDATE MY UCAS APPLICATION

UCAS:
i have to work on the personal statement before going to college as i have to show it to my tutor but i cant be able to do so
because
i don't know what to write ( how to start , what will be my first line of the personal statement)

can't decide the course ( hope to do biological science)

CAN't decide universities

NEED HELP HERE ABOUT HOW TO START PERSONAL STATEMENT
i looked some examples from internet and i wrote a very rough personal statement and i copied most from the internet ( starting and ending) WHICH IS NOT RIGHT guys help me to sort out this

what i have done in holidays
MATHS:

i have finished C3 full ( some areas need to work as i cant understand them ,will do with the help of my teachers) and C4 half i keep learning new topics every day because of it i am sure i forgot most it so from now i will spend time too reviewing topics and to practice Exam questions .

BIOLOGY ( AS)
as most of my biology notes are useless papers. so in holidays, i decided to make new AS biology notes. I have done 70% of it some still left. ( i made them on the laptop so that i keep them organised, i can't keep them organised in folders)
find time for that now. as notes making is too much time-consuming.

biology A2
we have covered photosynthesis and respiration before holidays but i have not made my notes at that time so i will do this now i made my photosynthesis notes yesterday and also solved some questions from book

CHEMSITRY A2

we have covered rate equations and some organic stuff same thing i have not make my notes, two days before i made rate equation notes and do some questions from book

this is how i spent my summer, also gone for 2 weeks holidays

now i am doing to make my respiration notes and it will take too long
target for tonight

i. respiration notes
and if i got some time will do maths revision, if not then will spend 4 hours tomorrow morning for revising maths

that's it
Reply 32
suffering from high fever and headache for 2 days, taking complete bed rest and feeling a Lil bit better today
Reply 33
DAY 1 06/09/2017
So it is my first day at college. today i just got biology lesson at afternoon so i woke up at half past nine , took bath and leave for college at 10 ( as my college is far) , have n assembly at half past 11 in which our head teacher, said about UCAS and personal statement , look courses and unis as it is serious now ( i haven't done anything except a rough personal statement AFRAID!!!), and she said to hard work as there will be more work load ( i started to feel it now LOL,seriously)

i wanted to start to work from 5 . but i have an appointment and then my uncle came to meet me so i was 2 hours late

BIOLOGY

got a new biology teacher, started to study a new topic , it will say that it will take 3 lessons to finish it .....I have to make notes of what we have done in lesson but i didn't do so , I WILL DO THIS IN WEEKEND AS notes making took a long time

CHEMISTRY
I have the plan to revise RATE EQUATION and to do some questions . i got 38/48 ( marked myself) will give that to my teacher for remark and also to ask questions where i got confused it took me 80 min to do questions of 48 marks so here TIMING IS main issue i know that i cant complete my exams on time because my mind didnt work fast so i have to keep practising to do before time. two and half hours to mark and check and update notes etc

MATHS
literally done nothing i have started to exam questions of chapter 3 but do only 10 questions in 2 hours as i get tired but i try to stick with my plan and really i feel the questions is difficult as i was late its 12 now my mind not working properly , sleepy mind
Reply 34
@riyadhussain123
@Desmos

can you guys please explain that to me
Capture.PNG
Reply 35
Original post by Qer
@riyadhussain123
@Desmos

can you guys please explain that to me
Capture.PNG

It's been too long since I've done any chem. Sorry, but I can't help you here. But I would be interested in your GYG, so could you tag me at each update? Thanks!
Reply 36
day 4 (09/09/2017)

for chemistry
, we have covered topic equilibrium constant. today i have done some exam question. also, i have TEST ON RATE EQUATION AND EQUILIBRIUM CONSTANT next week

biology
we started inheritance with one teacher and eco system, and population with other. in lesson i didn't understand inheritance topic quite well. So i reviewed this topic from revision guide and understood the main idea.

( i didn't make notes of this topic because i feel that notes making take alot of my time so i decided to NOT to make notes now and to study from CGP . I know notes making is good and it helped me most of my time but this year i want to repeat topics more so i used note making time to do practice questions. The main benefit of notes, by the way, is that we can keep adding new information and keep updating it but i can't spend my most of time here...........Any suggestion about it)

yesterday i plan to AS content biology, i straightly do past paper i get anxious that i forgot all things, so definitely have to revise AS content both for biology and chemistry along A2.

maths:
we have done C3 chapter 4 with one sir. i have already done this chapter in holidays but forgotten it as i don't practice much so now i am doing some exam questions daily as a practice so that i memorise method

we started chapter 8 (differentiation) with another teacher (his lesson is only 1 hour) so haven't done as much and he left before 15 mins as he has to go in meeting

UCAS application still can't decide which course is perfect for me. I want something related to biological science.
I have looked biochemistry course but confused with it ( after biochemistry what are my options except for research career

anyone has a suggestion please share with me

i even don't look for universities ( this should be my first priority now to deal with it but i didn't find time for that NEED HELP!

anyone have any suggestion to improve please share here

wrote in a bit hurry as i first write it amd upload it but it didnt appear here :frown:

@Desmos

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 37
day 5 10/09/2017

today I woke very late (12:00)

biology:
i haven't done much today just do a revision of ECOsystem and energy transfer from notes and rewrite them. it took 2-3 hours

chemistry
do aldehyde and ketone, organic chemistry is very hard I feel, a lot of mechanisms to remember and reagents, conditions of reactions

AS Biology:
1. have done paper today without revision and got 40/71 which is 56%. I did June 2002 paper which is from old specification but it is good for practising. this paper don't have much-applying knowledge questions but i get a guess that i forgot all stuff. Firstly all questions are just simple key ideas stuff which i forgot so now i am starting to revise biology slowly. NEED TO BE REALLYSTUDY HARD. SHOULD SPEND MORE TIME IN STUDIES

MATHS
NOTHING

@Desmos
done nothing.. am living life lifelessly
Reply 39
day 11 16/09/2017

a short update

I am feeling a lot of pressure, dont know that which way is going to work for me

just doing college work alongside I am trying to do reviewing things on a regular basis and doing some exam questions of topics we are studying

chemistry: have rate equ test this week so i did some exam questions . (i did almost fine in test i guess), we study acylation this week in chemistry and revieing organic chemistry we have done so far

biology: we are working on inheritance with one sir and started the nutrient cycle with other

maths: done C3 CH3 CH4 CH 2 CH 1
working on CH8 (C3) C4 ( CHAPTER 6)

ALSO GOT MY PREDICTED GRADES
all my sir predict As for me
AAA

which i was not expecting that ,because i know i am average grade student , i was little bit surprised when sir have one to one meeting with me ,he said you always worked hard , and try to improve yourself blah blah blah..............................
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending