The Student Room Group

If homosexuality is a choice...

Are straight people able to suddenly choose to become sexually aroused by someone of the same-sex and have pleasurable sex with them?

So hypothetically - a straight man is in his bedroom. A gay man is teleported to the bedroom. Is the straight man able to choose to become instantly sexually aroused by the physical form of the gay man and start having sex with him - both of them enjoying it and being mutually attracted to each other? Surely that must be the case under the logic of those who say homosexuality is a choice? That the straight man is able to make this choice instantaneously?

Could you, if you are straight, make such a choice if a member of the same-sex teleported to your bedroom?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Iridocyclitis
Are straight people able to suddenly choose to become sexually aroused by someone of the same-sex and have pleasurable sex with them?

So hypothetically - a straight man is in his bedroom. A gay man is teleported to the bedroom. Is the straight man able to choose to become instantly sexually aroused by the physical form of the gay man and start having sex with him - both of them enjoying it and being mutually attracted to each other? Surely that must be the case under the logic of those who say homosexuality is a choice? That the straight man is able to make this choice instantaneously?

Could you, if you are straight, make such a choice if a member of the same-sex teleported to your bedroom?

Maybe if he closes his eyes and thinks of females?
The real question is why do you keep making homosexuality threads
If gay people got to have the power to teleport.

Then I'd happily become the gayest ****er you've ever come across to get that power.

how is this "news and current affairs"?
Original post by Lord Samosa
If gay people got to have the power to teleport.

Then I'd happily become the gayest ****er you've ever come across to get that power.

Come to the dark rainbow side :colone:
Original post by CoolCavy
Come to the dark rainbow side :colone:

I've suddenly got a great fashion sense and smooth skin :gasp:

If that 'man' looked like an insanely hot woman so totally my type and up for it, I might end up in bed with 'him' before I realise he's got the wrong plumbing for sex to happen in the male&female kinda way, and freak the hell out! :s-smilie:
isnt that what happens in prison tho?
Reply 9
Original post by angelike1
isnt that what happens in prison tho?

Not the imagery I wanted
People don't mean "men" literally "CHOSE to be attracted to men."

They simply mean, they CHOSE to fall to the temptation. But in formerly secular and now just downright gradually atheistic pop culture, it's unpopular if not controversial to even "dare" mention religion and religious principles at all, particularly in the gay convo. In their fear of being discredited as "Jesus freaks" or extremists, people have accepted looking inarticulate about what "chose to be gay" means, instead.

So I'm telling you, when people say CHOSE they don't mean, took out a book and circled "be gay"? Come on.
Original post by YaliaV
He's confused about his sexuality or he wants to sleep with a straight guy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice way of dodging the topic at hand
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bang Outta Order
People don't mean "men" literally "CHOSE to be attracted to men."

They simply mean, they CHOSE to fall to the temptation. But in formerly secular and now just downright gradually atheistic pop culture, it's unpopular if not controversial to even "dare" mention religion and religious principles at all, particularly in the gay convo. In their fear of being discredited as "Jesus freaks" or extremists, people have accepted looking inarticulate about what "chose to be gay" means, instead.

So I'm telling you, when people say CHOSE they don't mean, took out a book and circled "be gay"? Come on.

I am confused - are you saying that the difference in your view is that straight people have a gay temptation and chose to fall for it, i.e. by having sex with someone of the same-sex? Are you saying that straight people who don't have sex with the same-sex often receive these temptations but choose not to engage with them?
I am confused - are you saying that the difference in your view is that straight people have a gay temptation and chose to fall for it, i.e. by having sex with someone of the same-sex? Are you saying that straight people who don't have sex with the same-sex often receive these temptations but choose not to engage with them?

Ok now you're being ridiculous and just wanna fight!? There's nothing to be confused by! I quite clearly said that "chose to be gay" DOES NOT MEAN they literally selected homosexuality! And your question frames it like they have, or like people actually think they have, which is why you poorly attempted to flip it on straight people! And that's idiotic. All I said was people who think they "chose to be gay" just mean, they chose to fall to the temptation! What don't you get?!

Right, I'm done with the conversation, I said what I had to say, and I never even mentioned straight people. I'm not saying **** all about straight people, so don't ask me about "are you saying" nothing. :curious: I'm on about your logic and how you framed your question. I'm not attempting to answer it?!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Ok now you're being ridiculous and just wanna fight!? There's nothing to be confused by! I quite clearly said that "chose to be gay" DOES NOT MEAN they literally selected homosexuality! And your question frames it like they have, or like people actually think they have, which is why you poorly attempted to flip it on straight people! And that's idiotic. All I said was people who think they "chose to be gay" just mean, they chose to fall to the temptation! What don't you get?!

Right, I'm done with the conversation, I said what I had to say, and I never even mentioned straight people. I'm not saying **** all about straight people, so don't ask me about "are you saying" nothing. :curious: I'm on about your logic and how you framed your question. I'm not attempting to answer it?!

Wow calm down - I was just trying to clarify what you meant which was unclear to me.
Original post by CoolCavy
The real question is why do you keep making homosexuality threads

Annoyed that I answered now.
Wow calm down - I was just trying to clarify what you meant which was unclear to me.

I dont see how it was unclear when I wrote in black and white English. Don't quote me anymore, g.
Surely that must be the case under the logic of those who say homosexuality is a choice? That the straight man is able to make this choice instantaneously?

I don't see why the claim that "homosexuality is a choice" necessarily means that the choice must be made instantaneously.

In general, people's tastes cannot be switched on or off instantaneously. Normally they are either innate, or acquired over time as a result of a long series of choices.
Original post by Lord Samosa
I've suddenly got a great fashion sense and smooth skin :gasp:

:nyan:

Welcome to the land of cocoa body butter, it smells good enough to eat (don't eat it. Trust me).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending