The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well, in my school term grades are generally a terrible representation of the actual level you are at. By that I mean that my school makes it lower to make you work harder, and so the students dont take their grades for granted. This is a terrible system, but it might be whats happening at your school.

For example, in my first term grade I got a 33...even though I scored 6s in pretty much all subjects, and even 7s in some.

But if this isnt the case, then I would say you can increase it by quite a bit :smile: Seeing as I got a 33 myself, and I'm aiming for a 36+, I would say that if you are determined enough you could get a much better grade (not that a 34 is all that bad)
depending on your school my school overpredicts massively but first term grades are meaningless. don't stress enjoy IB1 as muchas you can. but in terms of grade improvements just show teachers u give a **** and they should go up by a grade or two, teachers predicted grades aren't worked on the tightest of criteria :p:
Reply 3
I don't think first grade terms mean anything. Most schools either overpredict or underpredict, for reasons of their own. (Mine overpredicts.) Just work hard and don't focus on grades too much is my advice.
My school's divided into 2 semesters (2 quarters =1 semester)....my grades went up in q.3 but went back to the same as S1 in the last report cuz of the exam (where nearly everyone messed up). This year (IB2) my grades were better than last year :smile: (same as my previous q3)....some of my friend's grades stayed more or less the same... but if you want to know how much you can improve, think of it this way....take every subject and imagine if you improve each by a grade...(and vice versa). You'll have to try practicing with past papers and see what grades you get to get a better idea. But in my school IB2 does get harder and you get more work, pace quickens...so get all the 7s and 6s you can in your first year, create a good impression from the start (when there's still little content to study for) so that your teachers can be more generous as the year goes on.:smile:
My school fails miserably at predicitons :frown:
They predicted using test scores which everyone failed in because we had all th additional stuff prior to these "exams", i.e. EE, ToK essay, Hist. investiagtion, gp.4 project
There's just no hope for us :'(
Reply 6
I get the feeling by your comments that the first term grades of IB1 are bad indicators of how you will perform in the ib2 finals. I am just wondering; if you apply to a uni in the U.K, do they look at the christmas mocks of IB1? Or do they look at the spring mocks instead, or perhaps a combination of christmas and spring mocks?
whamjam
I get the feeling by your comments that the first term grades of IB1 are bad indicators of how you will perform in the ib2 finals. I am just wondering; if you apply to a uni in the U.K, do they look at the christmas mocks of IB1? Or do they look at the spring mocks instead, or perhaps a combination of christmas and spring mocks?

I'm guessing spring mocks...at least for us, since we don't have spring mocks :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending