The Student Room Group

Guys: Why is being "Slutty" wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SGHD26716
What do you mean?

Wouldn't you tell your husband before marrying him?

I would but obviously he wouldn't like it. So it would hurt me.
against gods will
well i'm not a dude, and i'm totally against this whole "i'm gonna mess around and have fun but my girlfriend has to have never even looked at another guy before me" mentality some guys may have, but i do have some theories as to why some guys may be like this.

i know that definitely as teenagers, guys often want the baddest girl they can get in order to appear superior to their friends and to everyone in general. having the baddest girl generally entails her being a virgin and hard to get with. why? because it boosts the man's ego, knowing that it's apparent to all his friends they could never ever get her. it places him and his girlfriend on a pedestal and makes others envious of them, as if she's his own prized possessions others can do nothing but stare at from a distance. it gives him the attention he may crave from others. and there's also that whole notion of "you can't turn a h*e into a housewife" and this whole negative connotation surrounding women who like to be sexual, and this could damage a man's ego which is why he wants a "good girl". it's all insecure ******** to me, honestly, if a man looks at a girl as any less of a deserving partner just because she may not be a virgin, etc.
Original post by ashaxo99
well i'm not a dude, and i'm totally against this whole "i'm gonna mess around and have fun but my girlfriend has to have never even looked at another guy before me" mentality some guys may have, but i do have some theories as to why some guys may be like this.

i know that definitely as teenagers, guys often want the baddest girl they can get in order to appear superior to their friends and to everyone in general. having the baddest girl generally entails her being a virgin and hard to get with. why? because it boosts the man's ego, knowing that it's apparent to all his friends they could never ever get her. it places him and his girlfriend on a pedestal and makes others envious of them, as if she's his own prized possessions others can do nothing but stare at from a distance. it gives him the attention he may crave from others. and there's also that whole notion of "you can't turn a h*e into a housewife" and this whole negative connotation surrounding women who like to be sexual, and this could damage a man's ego which is why he wants a "good girl". it's all insecure ******** to me, honestly, if a man looks at a girl as any less of a deserving partner just because she may not be a virgin, etc.

Very well explained. 👍👍
Original post by Trapz99
It's like buying a used car, if it has more mileage you wouldn't be willing to buy it as much

These kinds of analogies are useless, as then someone could bring up the example of a house, which is generally more expensive and desirable the older it is and by extension the more people that have lived in it.

Also, a person isn't an object and so to define someone's worth by the number of times they've had sex is absurd.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by TheAlchemistress
I would but obviously he wouldn't like it. So it would hurt me.

Right. Personally, I would prefer to know before. He'd probably be more pissed off if he found out after marrying you.
Original post by SGHD26716
Right. Personally, I would prefer to know before. He'd probably be more pissed off if he found out after marrying you.

Yeah 😂😂😂
He would lose the plot.
Original post by ashaxo99

Why can't a guy want something in his partner that he doesn't have himself? At the most obvious level he would want her to have boobs and a uterus which he lacks, but then (stereotypically) he might want someone who likes looking after kids and cooking. Similarly, women would look for a penis and being a higher earner than themselves.
There's also the idea that guys don't like their partners sleeping around with more people than them.
****boys are more likely to get **** from sleeping around than women these days -- who are encouraged.
Original post by Trapz99
It's like buying a used car, if it has more mileage you wouldn't be willing to buy it as much

Does the quality of drive increase with mileage?
Original post by Anonymous
Why is "good girl" better, than slut??

Men like their women untouched. They like rare things.
Original post by Boredom101
Men like their women untouched. They like rare things.

They like too many rare things.
There is nothing wrong with having a vigorous sex life as long as you are honest (not cheating, not messing people around, etc.).

Moralising about sex tends to come from people who don't get a lot of action.
there's nothing "wrong" with it, you can do what you want with your body, but if you dress like a slut and act like one then don't expect me to give you any respect.
Reply 35
Most feminists prefer the lifestyle but not the tag
At sixth form there is going to be a lot of players. 😭😭😭
Reply 37
It's not wrong, it's just unattractive.
Original post by ThomH97
Why can't a guy want something in his partner that he doesn't have himself? At the most obvious level he would want her to have boobs and a uterus which he lacks, but then (stereotypically) he might want someone who likes looking after kids and cooking. Similarly, women would look for a penis and being a higher earner than themselves.

Hahahah.
What a loser :rofl:
Original post by Trapz99

same goes for guys too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending