The Student Room Group

Alton Towers Hotel?

So, i'm looking to go with my boyfriend to the Alton Towers theme park resort and as it is a way away i'm looking to stay overnight, for 1 or 2 nights.
I was wondering if anyone has done this and has an opinion on whether or not it is worth it.
I was also wondering how doable it is without a car e.g is there a place to store your luggage on the 2nd day when checked out of the hotel but still using the park?
Also, which of the different accommodation choices is the best?
Thanks
Original post by Alexcorfieldxo
So, i'm looking to go with my boyfriend to the Alton Towers theme park resort and as it is a way away i'm looking to stay overnight, for 1 or 2 nights.
I was wondering if anyone has done this and has an opinion on whether or not it is worth it.
I was also wondering how doable it is without a car e.g is there a place to store your luggage on the 2nd day when checked out of the hotel but still using the park?
Also, which of the different accommodation choices is the best?
Thanks

Personally all of the hotels are overpriced for what they are but Splash Landings hotel is the best hotel imo.
If you're staying for 2 nights make sure you actually want too, the whole park is doable in a day, 3 days in the park is a bit of an overkill (if staying 2 nights).

Are you planning to do the water park as well?

The hotel will keep your luggage for you yes however in terms of without a car it's quite difficult to get too. A taxi from Stoke station will cost you around £20 or so..they do have a bus but it's at really weird times and theres not a whole lot around in the immediate area should you wish to go somewhere in the evening :smile:
Original post by Jackieox
Personally all of the hotels are overpriced for what they are but Splash Landings hotel is the best hotel imo.
If you're staying for 2 nights make sure you actually want too, the whole park is doable in a day, 3 days in the park is a bit of an overkill (if staying 2 nights).

Are you planning to do the water park as well?

The hotel will keep your luggage for you yes however in terms of without a car it's quite difficult to get too. A taxi from Stoke station will cost you around £20 or so..they do have a bus but it's at really weird times and theres not a whole lot around in the immediate area should you wish to go somewhere in the evening :smile:

Yes the splash landings looks nice, and you can get it for around £175/night which for a stay and two days of park for two people i don't think is too hideous.

The difficulty is not having a car, but i understand that there is monorail type things available to get you to and from the park, which will be helpful. The big problem is getting from the station and i've looked at ubers which say £13-18, which considering the overall cost of the holiday, i can deal with.

I was looking at the water park and was wondering if it was worth it, as its only £30 for the two of us, but i just picture two 17/18 year olds surrounded by screaming kids, inbetweeners style. Not happy thoughts! But if people who have been do think its worth it, then ill give it a go.

The main thing i want to do extra is visit the spa, which is the cheapest ive seen at £18 for 3 hours, but maybe this indicates the standards of it. If you have any recommendations/ do's and dont's, i would find that very helpful! Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest