The Student Room Group

A2 History CCEA

Hi, I wrote the wrong historian in my answer- I wrote that English said that 'Pearse was the front man but not the mastermind behind the rising' however it was Edwards who said that quote not English Would I lose a lot of marks for this?
You wouldn't lose marks for crediting the wrong historian unless it happened many times in the one essay. At worst, the quote may be ignored but you won't lose any marks.
Anyway, don't worry about this now, go enjoy your summer!!
Reply 2
Thank you! Do you know if abbreviations are accepted? I wrote IRB instead of 'Irish Republican Brotherhood' and IPP instead of 'Irish Parliamentary Party' do you think I would lose marks for that?
Original post by Matthew251
You wouldn't lose marks for crediting the wrong historian unless it happened many times in the one essay. At worst, the quote may be ignored but you won't lose any marks.
Anyway, don't worry about this now, go enjoy your summer!!

Ive told him loads of times at no negative marking, but he wont stop worrying over the smallest thing.
Reply 4
I'm sorry about all this I'm just really worried but only 2 weeks until results day
Reply 5
You won't be penalised for the odd one or two misnaming of the historians especially if they are more obscure, the exam scripts that we looked at in school had the quotes all underlined and about every 1/5 of the wrong names put had question marks so it seems that markers either choose actively to notice the wrong name or many just ignore it in general - they tend to be harsher though if it is contemporary sources considering the lack of relevant sources from 1900-1925 so saying a quote by Collins was said by Pearse etc wouldn't be accepted too well.

As for the abbreviations, if you said IRB (Irish Republican Brotherhood) that would be the formal way to use the abbreviations but even if you didn't include what the group/party/organisation was in brackets then the examiner will still know what you were on about but abbreviations are definitely accepted.

You can't be deducted marks for what you did write but rather only gain marks for what you did write so if you put in lots of contemporary and later historiography and made it relevant to the sentence then you will be fine. Good look for the 17th!
Reply 6
Ok thank you so much! Are you waiting on results?
Reply 7
Original post by Exams 2017
Ok thank you so much! Are you waiting on results?

You honestly have nothing to be worried about but I know that's easier said than done - you did your absolute best and a slip up on a name isn't going to be noticeable at all in your paper. Yes history, politics and sociology results but I'm not too sure the reality of results looming has hit me yet haha I'm definitely far too collected
Reply 8
Thank you!hopefully I do well! You will do great what grades are you hoping for?
Reply 9
Thank you!hopefully I do well! You will do great what grades are you hoping for?

You will do fine, you may just need to have a bit of faith in yourself and try not to worry as much as you've did as much as possible - I know it's easier said than done considering these grades are like a domino effect of actions but you will be fine and do well.
I'm hoping for ABB to do history and politics in queens but I'd be fine with a BBB for politics and philosophy if I don't get into the firm (fingers crossed), what grades are you looking and what are you looking to do with them?
Good luck I'm sure you will get the grades you need! I'm hoping for ABB for Queens to do History and I need BBC for Coleraine so fingers crossed! Only two more weeks I can't wait but so nervous too!
Good luck I'm sure you will get the grades you need! I'm hoping for ABB for Queens to do History and I need BBC for Coleraine so fingers crossed! Only two more weeks I can't wait but so nervous too!

Thank you, we're so close now to getting the results. History in queens, we could bump into each other in a lecture without knowing each other hahaha - you seem happy enough with your course choices so you've definitely thought this all through and will be okay at the end of it all
Thank you so much! You will do great☺️
Hey sorry to be a pest but it's just for the clash of ideologies exam for History I wrote Dean Acheson the US Secretary of State, John Foster Dulles of the Republican Party and Volkogonov believed that Stalin's actions were aggressive. Would that be okay??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending