The Student Room Group

Anybody applying for ThinkAhead 2018?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nat-kx
Congrats on getting through to assessment centre ! I'm still waiting to hear back from application ! Coming up to 3 weeks now! How long after passing the application did you find out you were through to assessment centre ??

After the first application was a couple of days off of three weeks, but heard back after less than a week after the situational judgement test.
Hey guys i've applied for both TA and Frontline. It seems to be that Frontline is easier to get to AC but then they're brutal then, whereas TA is more brutal to begin with in narrowing people early. I guess TA has an advantage - as they asked interview like questions on the form when Frontline the application was all based on facts (grades etc).

I'm through to video interview for Frontline which i'm trying to prep for (to not much avail) and still haven't heard back from TA but they did say three weeks so...

Someone near the beginning of the thread did mention a lack of jobs in the sector when you're out. I applied for an office job with Think Ahead and this is something I quizzed them about as they have had some criticism (if you Google them). He basically said to me that the first cohort haven't even graduated so they can't tell, but I do think it's interesting and worth keeping in mind. At least for both these schemes they're accepting of people going and doing another 'normal' job after. Besides, it may mean leaving the schemes after 2 years, doing something else and then suddenly it's all over the news they need more social workers... then boom you're ready to go! swings and roundabouts perhaps.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'd have to agree - although they identify the attributes required, using your own experience to demonstrate isn't always that easy! Interesting point about Frontline and TA. I didn't apply for Frontline so can't compare but it seems a few have made similar comments!

The SJT is fairly straightforward and doesn't seem to try trip you up too much. Plus, they seem to respond very quickly to that to let you know if you've made an assessment centre.

Good luck!
Reply 63
Original post by Charley88m
After the first application was a couple of days off of three weeks, but heard back after less than a week after the situational judgement test.

Ah thank you! Passed the application and Just done the situational judgement tests last night so hopefully hear back soon ! When's your assessment day??
Original post by Nat-kx
Ah thank you! Passed the application and Just done the situational judgement tests last night so hopefully hear back soon ! When's your assessment day??

6th November but they also offered the 15th so assume they might be holding one every week?
I've applied today, hoping I'll hear back soon!
I submitted my application to TA a week ago and still haven't heard back about doing the tests... I did send a follow up email but still nothing :frown: I've don't my video application for Frontline this morning so hopefully I'll get invited to the AC but it was a lot tougher than I had anticipated! xxx
Original post by socialworklrw93
I submitted my application to TA a week ago and still haven't heard back about doing the tests... I did send a follow up email but still nothing :frown: I've don't my video application for Frontline this morning so hopefully I'll get invited to the AC but it was a lot tougher than I had anticipated! xxx

I wouldn't worry, they said we'd hear within 3 weeks, as we have applied before the first deadline if we are successful in the first stage the interviews will be in Nov and Dec so hold tight!
Best of luck with your frontline too xx
I have applied and got through to assessment day.
Reply 69
Original post by Mishymoo72
I have applied and got through to assessment day.

How long did it take them to respond after the situation judgement test ?? And where are the assessment days held ?😊 sorry for all the questions !
It took them around 3 weeks, to respond, I’m going to London for my assessment day.
It took them around 3 weeks, to respond, I’m going to London for my assessment day.

Hey, when is your assessment day?
6th November, it’s only half a day. When did you do your SJT??
Reply 73

Only did mine last week so probably still a while before I hear back!
Oh yeah, it will be a few weeks. How do you think it went??
6th November, it’s only half a day. When did you do your SJT??

I’m at the same one :-)

Not sure how to prepare!
Oh ok 🙂 me neither lol. I will probably google it!
Reply 77
Woo just found out I'm through to assessment centre on the 20th!
I have a question for the floor!

Does anyone have any idea if the Think Ahead the Assessment Centre's are a 'competition'? For example, Frontline (a similar programme) makes a point of saying that at AC you're not competing with others... i.e. if everyone on one AC fit the competencies, all will get through, if only 5 matched them, they get in etc. Basically, there's not a quota per AC for example. Hence why they emphasise the first come first serve concept - once they get enough competent people, wether that be in October or December, they'll stop applications/AC's.

Does anyone know if Think Ahead is the same? Or whether it is more competitive? They do seem to also emphasise the first come first serve concept too, so I'm imagining it isn't 'competitive'? Any thoughts?!
No, it’s not competitive in that sense. Theoretically, if everyone meets the criteria/expectations then all would be offered a place. However, I think they set the bar quite high. That’s what the director of Think Ahead said in a podcast anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending