The Student Room Group

I am entiteled to a "gift year" from Student Finance England?

So, back in 2018 I did go to uni for 1 full academic year but I ended up dropping out as I didn't like the course. I went back to uni in 2022 doing an accelerated course which the fees are £11,100 per year (for 2 years), my question if due to personal circumstances I have to retake the year would student finance still cover my tuition fee for another year if I have already dropped out once in the past?
Hi Jida,

We would not usually cover you to do a repeat year if you have already used your additional year of funding for a year of study in 2018. You may be able to apply for Compelling Personal Reasons for an additional year of tuition fee funding if you have had to repeat due to circumstances outside your control.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
I was under the impression that because I didn't finish the first degree I still had 2 more years of funding?
The first degree was a 4 year and the one I'm doing is a 2 years degree
Hi Jida,

There is not a set amount of years of funding - it is based on the length of your new course and your previous study.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Could you please advice me on what to do so my surrent course is a 2 years accelerated degree and the degree I dropped pout from it was a 4 years but I only did 1 year.

Thanks
Hi Jida,

As I explained previously as it stands you do not have funding available for a repeat of your accelerated degree unless you apply for Compelling Personal Reasons

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending