The Student Room Group

Transferring after a foundation year?

Lets say for example someone does a Foundation Year at Aston in Science, and achieves very high marks.
Is it likely they will be able to use this to transfer to a University with higher entry requirements (e.g. an RG)?
I'm aware it must vary between different unis, and I do plan to email them, but does anyone have any experience with such a situation, or knows of instances where it has happened?
Are there any Universities which are particularly open to accepting Foundation candidates?
Original post by BarryAllen
Lets say for example someone does a Foundation Year at Aston in Science, and achieves very high marks.
Is it likely they will be able to use this to transfer to a University with higher entry requirements (e.g. an RG)?
I'm aware it must vary between different unis, and I do plan to email them, but does anyone have any experience with such a situation, or knows of instances where it has happened?
Are there any Universities which are particularly open to accepting Foundation candidates?

Yes it happens but you have outlined the issue yourself. Each uni has a different policy. If you want to go RG then you should be getting good 2:1s +. You are going to have to do the research plus some enquiries as this sot of thing tends not to be on the website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending