The Student Room Group

I got a C in as psychology what would I be predicted for alevel ?

So I received my results back yesterday and realised I had a C grade in as psychology. What would I be predicted next year?
Whatever grade you decide that you want.
Normally your teachers will predict you one grade what you achieve at AS, so a B
Original post by Thelabtatpast
So I received my results back yesterday and realised I had a C grade in as psychology. What would I be predicted next year?

Probably a C or a B. Depends on your teacher.
Reply 4

Unrelated but what exam board do you do?
Original post by RomNoob
Unrelated but what exam board do you do?

Aqa
Entirely depends on school policy or, failing that, the judgement/whims of the teacher. Assuming no actual extenuating circumstances, it is unlikely in my experience that you'll be predicted anything other than a C or a B. Of course, many thousands of people each achieve better grades than they were predicted - take this as an opportunity to be one of them.

Depends on the teacher. Mine didn't predict anyone above what they got unless they were one mark off and really pushed to get predicted the grade above.
Original post by StressedCoffee
Depends on the teacher. Mine didn't predict anyone above what they got unless they were one mark off and really pushed to get predicted the grade above.

I mean I don't know the marks as this year the exams were linear so I don't know if it was a low/mid/high C . I was predicted to get a D at AS from my gcse results and got a C with little effort .
I mean I don't know the marks as this year the exams were linear so I don't know if it was a low/mid/high C . I was predicted to get a D at AS from my gcse results and got a C with little effort .

Yeah but but your teacher can't know how much effort you put in. At the same time I don't know your teacher, they could be lenient. What was emphasised to me is that if teachers over predict grades and the results are lower at a level then ucas take notice and they get in trouble.
Original post by StressedCoffee
Yeah but but your teacher can't know how much effort you put in. At the same time I don't know your teacher, they could be lenient. What was emphasised to me is that if teachers over predict grades and the results are lower at a level then ucas take notice and they get in trouble.

Good point I will just have to wait and see
I got a C last year and got a B this year! If you work REALLU hard then you could get a B or higher!

Quick Reply

Latest