The Student Room Group

Help! Need to find myself an apprenticeship.

I have got myself on apprenticeship guranteed but i dont like the process, its 1 month unpaid training then i have to interview for the actual apprenitceship. The ad was for an apprenticeship. However its in the city and will be very professional.
Can i still apply for any other good apprenticeships with decent pay ?
Original post by MrCole&Co
I have got myself on apprenticeship guranteed but i dont like the process, its 1 month unpaid training then i have to interview for the actual apprenitceship. The ad was for an apprenticeship. However its in the city and will be very professional.

One month unpaid training sounds cheeky, I assume that you have already been on the apprenticeship website?
https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch
Just tagging in a user who might have some advice for you :h:
Original post by lavender_rose
One month unpaid training sounds cheeky, I assume that you have already been on the apprenticeship website?
https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

havent used that site, thankyou. If i get the apprenticeship and get the supposed 200 quid after a month then i will be fine.
havent used that site, thankyou. If i get the apprenticeship and get the supposed 200 quid after a month then i will be fine.

You're very welcome. In that case it's not to bad then. Good luck.
You're very welcome. In that case it's not to bad then. Good luck.

Cheers, start 30th this month the women said in an email. Hopefully there is people my age who i will like and i hope i get the apprenticeship or ill be fucked.
Cheers, start 30th this month the women said in an email. Hopefully there is people my age who i will like and i hope i get the apprenticeship or ill be fucked.

Sometimes in the job posting they tell you how many vacancy there are and that way you can find out how many other they will have hired. I was hired with another apprentice at the same time. Apprentices are usually late teens and (17 -19) kinda range anyway as the funding changes once a person is older so they would likely be around that age. But there's no reason why you can't email the lady back in advance and ask how many other apprentices are working there.
Sometimes in the job posting they tell you how many vacancy there are and that way you can find out how many other they will have hired. I was hired with another apprentice at the same time. Apprentices are usually late teens and (17 -19) kinda range anyway as the funding changes once a person is older so they would likely be around that age. But there's no reason why you can't email the lady back in advance and ask how many other apprentices are working there.

yeah will do, appreciate the help fella.
yeah will do, appreciate the help fella.

Your welcome, my apprenticeship was one of the best things I have ever done (the money was s**t though) :colondollar:
Your welcome, my apprenticeship was one of the best things I have ever done (the money was s**t though) :colondollar:

What was the pay if u dont mind me asking? i mean anything above 150 ill be grateful for but i mean its better than getting nothing in crappy colledge.

Hello and thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like the first month may be classed as a traineeship if you are not receiving a training wage. You can only class training as an apprenticeship if you are being paid a minimum of £3.50 an hour and working towards an accredited qualification alongside.

If you feel that your current opportunity will be best for your future career and you are okay to go for one month unpaid then please don’t let this put you off.

However if you feel this isn’t right for you and you would like to start looking for something different check out the following website https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship for local vacancies. I would recommend that you think about the long term and if the opportunity you have will pay off eventually, if not there is nothing stopping you from starting a different apprenticeship and leaving the other as this is your decision to make.

I hope this helps, if you have further questions please don’t hesitate to contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900 or search for us online to chat to an adviser, send us an email or send us a text.
What was the pay if u dont mind me asking? i mean anything above 150 ill be grateful for but i mean its better than getting nothing in crappy colledge.

I was paid £2.63 if I remember correctly but that was in 2014 - 2015 and I am aware that the rate has increased.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending