The Student Room Group

Starting A-Levels

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DarkFauna
I wanted to do drama as well but my school forced us to do 3 A Levels and an EPQ because of the new Linear A-Levels so I'm in next years school production instead

Wow! I had no idea there would be anyone else with the exact same subject interests! Yeah we are supposed to do three so I might drop one and do an EPQ like I said. It's mainly german I am worried about though, I found GCSE fine but... A level is another level- I know that!
Reply 21
Original post by JEG666
Wow! I had no idea there would be anyone else with the exact same subject interests! Yeah we are supposed to do three so I might drop one and do an EPQ like I said. It's mainly german I am worried about though, I found GCSE fine but... A level is another level- I know that!

I'm like that too!!! But I think if I do a bit every day and just really focus on it I can do it! It will be difficult I think with the jump between GCSE and A-Level but if you love doing something then I say stick with it and work hard for it
Reply 22
I'm like that too!!! But I think if I do a bit every day and just really focus on it I can do it! It will be difficult I think with the jump between GCSE and A-Level but if you love doing something then I say stick with it and work hard for it

I hope so! Good luck to you anyway and good luck on results day too!
Reply 23
Original post by JEG666
I hope so! Good luck to you anyway and good luck on results day too!

You too! What are you hoping for?
Original post by notevenahuman
History as well + Maths and Physics
(picked History course just for fun honestly and I thought it'll be good to have essay-based subject at your back)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

this made me laugh

history, a 'fun' subject...yeah sounds like my thought process at the start of year 12

oh the innocent fool that I was

You will disappear under a pile of dates and facts so long your head will hurt, and that's before you do any 'evaluation'

have fun!
Reply 25
You too! What are you hoping for?

Well... I was predicted 4A* 3A and 37s but I know I messed up geography and maths wbu?
Reply 26
Original post by JEG666
Well... I was predicted 4A* 3A and 37s but I know I messed up geography and maths wbu?

I think I will get 4A* 4A and maybe 1B because I didnt do too well in my French exam but you can't change it now so there's no point worrying :smile:
Original post by cazzers123
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

this made me laugh

history, a 'fun' subject...yeah sounds like my thought process at the start of year 12

oh the innocent fool that I was

You will disappear under a pile of dates and facts so long your head will hurt, and that's before you do any 'evaluation'

have fun!

lol was awarded 9 for IGSCE history and also won bunch of contests. I LOVE this subjects and hopefully ready for difficulties haha. I'll try at least!
I'm doing History, German, English Literature and an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification)

I didnt do any of those subjects myself, but you could look into any books that you know in advance that you will be reading in english literature. It might also be worth brushing up on your german skills.
Other than that though, enjoy your freedom before you start your a-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest