The Student Room Group

New Course

Hi,

I studied 2 years of an Adult Nursing Degree and due to unforeseen circumstances I had too defer going into the 3rd year.

During my time out of Nursing I have had chance to reflect on my future and what career I wish to pursue.

I have always had a passion and interest for Midwifery but on an open day I had a very uncomfortable encounter with one of the course leads which made me goo for nursing, during my nursing course we have had midwifery days and speaking to the students it made me realise more and more that I am more suited and would like to do midwifery.

My question is would a university accept me even though I have completed 2 years of another degree? has anybody had this experience? I'm not sure where to go from here as if I wouldn't be allowed to do the course there isn't much point looking into it.

many thanks in advance!
i think it would be down to why you needed to defer. do you have the qualifications for your new course. if its was down to difficulty of work they probably would reject you. other option is complete nursing and then train as a midwife.your going to need to find some money for a year of your course. that in itself is a reason to complete. it would be free. and then only have 2 years to do the midwife course.
Reply 2
Thank you for your advice, it's not due to work difficultly the reason I deferred. I'm able to do that ☺️ I also do have the qualifications and I have had some form of experience due to my nursing and some of the placements I had. How would I notify the new university I'm applying for? Mention it in my personal statement? I'm just exploring options at the moment ☺️ seeing what I can and can't do as I'm not sure who to go to do advice! Thank you again ☺️
youwont get credit from the nursing course. obviously its work experience in general care. does your uni have a midwife course. i still think it would be wiser to complete your nursing and then do a shortened midwife course. dropping out after 2 years will look bad to the tutors of the new course. can you afford to self fund your going to be missing a years fees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending